Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

snowCial - Birmingham - Drinks, Chat, Optional Meal - 27 Sep - early evening til later

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone up for a snowCial meeting during September? Arrangements very fluid, in fact, virtually non-existent. They were but are now taking shape Depends on who, how many, when, what snowHeads fancy and where they're setting off from.

To give vague ideas, the venue could be a transport hub city, eg Birmingham, Worcester, Derby, Nottingham, etc. It will now be Birmingham city centre

It could also be TAMWORTH. Not too shabby for transport links, still good for eateries and drinkeries. Has one distinct advantage. An indoor snowShed ! Very Happy

Could be a good leg, jaw and liver warmer-upper ahead of supporting one of the snowHeads OktoberTests, usually in monChesta and hemel hempStead. Tamworth snowdome could be another excuse for a separate snowCial

If youve not already, let me know on here or by PM if interested please. Full details very soon snowHead

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 11-09-24 8:31; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@PeakyB, Yup…I’d be up for it. I’m based in Birmingham in the week. Tamworth would be fun, and I would be up for it in the second half of the month as I have some new skis in need of a try out (just need Mr P to bring my boot back from France) but a bar in Brum city centre is also an option. I’m not around from 20th Sept for a week.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Perty, Hi and thanks for your reply, which makes 4 so far.

I’ll let this run for a few days. I’ll also send PMs to Midlands based snowHeads, in case they’re not looking on the Forum much in high summer.

Around the end of next week I’ll ask all to share availability, preference for location, what the snowCial should include, etc.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
6 up for this so far. Some keen on including Snowdome, some not, everyone keen on drinks.

Haven’t got round to PMing those other midlands based snowHeads I know, so must do better later today Embarassed
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Morning PeakyB. I'm no longer a local resident, but spend enough time down here, keep me informed snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Ski Shagger, will do, would be great to catch up. Maybe PM me if you know dates in Sept you’re coming down from God’s Own County back to the wild side? snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
8 snowHead s now interested in meeting up. Most likely is an initial SnowCial during the 2nd half of September in, or near, Birmingham city centre. This suits availability and ease of travel for most.

I’ll PM all, asking for an update and more specific information on availability this evening.

The idea of a meet up and ski in Tamworth could be discussed when we meet.

Thanks to all showing interest so far and hope there’ll be more of us eventually. snowHead ?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@PeakyB, any updates on your plans, or did you just leave me off the list? wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Perty, looks like I inadvertently left you off my list, so my apologies for that.
The date that’s emerged that suits a few snowHead s is Friday, 27 September, starting late afternoon / early evening.

Based on your earlier message, I don’t think you could make that, unless your plans for a week away have changed? If not this time then hopefully for a follow up SnowCial in the not too distant future.

Venue details and times the asap.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@PeakyB, actually, I should be able to make it- we are back from our travels on 26th, and I can be in and around the Birmingham area the afternoon of 27th unless work sends me to a completely random destination.

Not quite sure what you mean by “venue details and times the asap”…..Do I take it they are TBC?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Perty, thanks, that’s excellent, glad you’re back in time to join in. It will be Birmingham city centre and very likely a late afternoon start.

Drinks and snowHead quality chat in one pub, followed by drinks, optional food and entertainment in a second venue, for those that want to carry on snowHeading.

Yes, sorry, my typo, should’ve said ‘venue details and times tbc’, as you guessed.

I’m just waiting on confirmation from a couple more ‘probables’ before we agree details as a small group.

On a completely different date, we may be able to get a Tamworth Snowdome group visit going, while they still have good low season deals on.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Already 7 or 8 interesting and/or very amusing snowHeads confirmed. Birmingham city centre, 10 minutes maximum amble (I limped it!) from two main rail stations, close to frequent buses. Rental bike stations in handy places too. There's even trams.

Flexible timings, late afternoon start for drinks and chat, nibbles for the lucky, in a quietish bar. Followed by optional onwards and upwards, 5 minute amble, to an atmospheric and lively venue, at around 6.30-7pm. Food, drink, entertainment there. Leave as early or as late as you like. I'm finalising details of venues, timings, etc soon.

Any snowHeads , or potential snowHeads who've yet to have the pleasure, welcome to join in at either or both venues. Trying to be as flexible as possible. Reservation needed eventually at the second venue. Any questions on here or PM me please.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@PeakyB, I may join in as well. Where are you thinking of starting?

ps there is dryslope race trainng at the Ackers Friday nights Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@johnE, hi and thanks, would be great to see you. Very Happy
I’m still working through a shortlist of contenders for the first meeting place. As you can imagine, the research is quite demanding.

I’ll include you in PMs with further details.

Thanks for flagging up the dry slope sessions at the Ackers Centre. I’ve been there many times but neither racing or dry slopes are for me any more.

Maybe a separate post about that, if you want to raise awareness?
snowHead
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Maybe a separate post about that, if you want to raise awareness?

Visit https://midlandski.myclubhouse.co.uk/ for more information
snow report
Details of this snowHeads soirée…

FRI 27 SEP - BIRMINGHAM CITY CENTRE

About 4.30pm to 6.30pm - drinks & chat at:
The Good Intent, Great Western Arcade, B2 5HU. Seating reserved but flexible arrival time.

6.45pm to 9pm food and drink.
9pm onwards drink and cavort into the night. Live entertainment.
Albert Schloss, Paradise, 1 Chamberlain Square, B3 3AX.
RESTAURANT TABLE RESERVED.
***Must confirm your place in advance - please PM me.***

The Good Intent is a small bar in a covered Victorian arcade, with a classy ambience and good selection of local and world beers etc. All profits go to charity.

Albert Schloss is a Bavarian themed restaurant and beer hall, near the Town Hall and Centenary Square. Nicely appointed, interesting artefacts, their Oktoberfest celebration is on. A caricature of the atmosphere of Munich, brass band, traditional games, lederhosen and dirndls if we’re lucky, there will be sausages. All profits go to Albert but he probably rescues cute marmottes or something.
snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy