Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommend an Italian resort!

Poster: A snowHead
I've been to France loads and will be again but might have the opportunity for a sneaky week early to mid January and really want to try Italy!

If it happens, I have the following requirements:

Good and varied piste skiing - I like to get around, not hang around. I dont want a small area. Not worried about off piste.
Accomadation - very close to a lift / slope. I hate walking in ski boots and don't want the whole bus hassle!
Apres - A couple of restuarants / bars is great, a couple more if self catering.

If you know of any accomadation (self catered / catered or anything in-between!) thats fits the bill, then let me know!

Oh, and budget.... I currently don't have one due to already booking other trips, so it would definately need to be on the 'cheap as pasta' side!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@ciderinsport, in true SH's style, I'll recommend you the Dolomites, possibly any of Selva Val Gardena, Colfosco, Corvara or San Cassiano, as they're the areas with the closet hotels to pistes you'll find in the Sella Ronda without a big gondola/cable car first thing in the morning.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheap + a stones throw from the lifts= planibel, la thuile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hard to beat La Thuile or Cervinia with those criteria. Dolomites is stunning but might be a bit harder to find cheap ski in ski out unless people can give you tips here.

Folgaria also possibly an option.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sestriere.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I hate walking in ski boots too, I find the buses are ok but still a bit of a pain if you can avoid them. A good option we've used in the past is to look at hiring a ski locker next to the main lift or gondola, we thought it was worth every penny. You could save more in cheaper accommodation a bit further out than the price of the ski locker.

Never been to Italy before but we're heading to Sauze in January, short transfer, good selection of restaurants and bars, big ski area.... Apparently there's a steep hill up to the main lift so we are planning on the ski locker option.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@ciderinsport, Champoluc. Done!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@goranrodney, if you mean the Clotes lift, it’s the last few yards that are steep, then use the steps on the left hand side of the building and use the lockers at Ski Paolo which is at the lift base.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Seconding La Thuile, we’re heading back for a third trip in Feb… accommodation is limited to the Planibel complex if you’re adamant on not getting the bus though. IMO there are better value accommodation options in the village
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sauze
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
swskier wrote:
@ciderinsport, in true SH's style, I'll recommend you the Dolomites, possibly any of Selva Val Gardena, Colfosco, Corvara or San Cassiano, as they're the areas with the closet hotels to pistes you'll find in the Sella Ronda without a big gondola/cable car first thing in the morning.

Can we stop now please? Confused
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mollerski wrote:
swskier wrote:

Can we stop now please? Confused

I agree. The Dolomites are becoming extremely busy, overrun, and prices have rocketed. Please, please stay away.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Brenta Dolomites…stay in Folgarida, ski over to Madonna. The forum search function should throw up plenty of info.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pila
La Thuile
Sauze
Livigno ... long transfer though
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Gaz_H wrote:
Pila
La Thuile
Sauze
Livigno ... long transfer though

All fantastic and significantly nicer than the awful Val Gardena valley. Very Happy
snow report
@Mollerski, are you on a one man mission to keep the Dolomites to yourself? Too late, I've got first dibs. wink
ski holidays
Given the OP,,s criteria of being low budget, I would avoid the Dolomites.
Good though they are and I'm returning next winter they ain't cheap, other Italian destinations definitely easier on the wallet or plastic or phone or whatever people use for paying these days.
snow report
Hurtle wrote:
@Mollerski, are you on a one man mission to keep the Dolomites to yourself? Too late, I've got first dibs. wink

Why don't we play cards for it, he sneeringly replied. Razz
latest report
Dolomites definitely not as cheap as pasta, so doesn’t fit OP’s requirements.

I agree with earlier suggestion that La Thuile would be good. Also, if you get a hankering to be back in France, you can just ski over to La Rosiere and see if you can spot the differences.
latest report
Thanks for the replies, La Thuile does look like the right destination for a cheapy one. Crystal offer a reasonable package. I just need to see if a week of unpaid leave and a ski holiday can make it it in my budget wink

I have a plan to get to the Dolomites in the future on the pre bash and birthday bash. Due to stuff happening over that period I really can't aviod, thats having to wait for another year or 2...
ski holidays
Another vote for La Thuile, consider DIY and look at Airbnb, quite a few apartments in/around Planibel complex available there and undoubtably work out cheaper than Crystal.
ski holidays
La Thuile is great but you have to watch where you are getting your accommodation if distance from the lifts is important. Planibel appartments and round there are fine (though not the prettiest bit) but La Thuile is a bit spread out and some bits are a fair bit further away.
ski holidays
For cheap(er) Dolomites stay in Val di Fassa. Food and accomodation nothing like as good as Selva/Corvara tho
ski holidays
Ghost Dog wrote:
For cheap(er) Dolomites stay in Val di Fassa. Food and accomodation nothing like as good as Selva/Corvara tho

No no no no. Val di Fassa is infinitely nicer and cheaper than Selva and Corvara. Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy