Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3 weeks italy by car from 4 january

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all
I know it's a bit late booking but we're thinking of 3 weeks skiing in Italy from 4th January and where best to base ourselves, with a car. Or whether we stop.off for the last week in France or on the way to Italy. Or vice versa.

We did this in austria last year (from 20th january, not so good snow conditions on the superski pass, either too windy top of kaprun or too slushy Soll) and the previous year (from 27th February) in Madonna and Corvara (sella ronda, hidden valley, san pellegrino etc) which were mainly excellent.

We're intermediate.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Aosta Valley, Italy

Great value for money
Proper town with plenty going on when you're not skiing
So much skiing within a 1 hr radius
Easy to visit other countries from this base if you want a change. Plenty of city break options. Ski during the week, explore on the weekend.
A weekend at the coast is under 3 hrs away - Ligurian coast around Genoa

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=5280472#5280472
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Mike Pow, thank you. Wow, looks like you've had some fantastic ski trips!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
+1 for Aosta Valley

I did a week there in 2020 just before Covid struck.

Skied Courmayeur, La Thuile/La Rosiere (F), Pila, Cervina/Zermatt (CH) & Champoluc/Monte Rosa. So you can ski 3 countries! Cool

If you stay in or around Aosta, you have Pila on the doorstep, the others are up to 1hr away, probably a bit more spread out compared to Salzburg or Dolomiti Superski, but if you don't mind commuting...

There are a lot of other worthwhile smaller resorts in the valley too.

https://www.bergfex.com/aostatal/
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We drove to the Dolomites last Feb for a 12 day trip; it was a long drive but worth it for that period and definitely for your 3 weeks. The Dolomites were perfect for a car as there's a car park at the bottom of nearly every lift - we drove and started skiing from somewhere different every day.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
longsuffering wrote:
@Mike Pow, thank you. Wow, looks like you've had some fantastic ski trips!

My pleasure

Been very fortunate

Hopefully a lot more to come
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Another vote for the Aosta Valley!
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=159354
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@longsuffering, if you haven’t already done so then have a look at all the Trip Reports that @denfinella, has put up here. Really brings alive the various places skied, ins and outs of car parking and stuff like that . They do fly though for the first part of the journey.
We have driven to Italy from the south coast four times now I think, and will be doing so again in March.
Look forward to hearing how your plans work out.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You cant beat the Sella Ronda! driven there multiple times and I usually stay in Campitello but Possa is nice and Canazei is the liveliest ...plenty of parking and you dont have to take your car out if you dont want to unlike Val d'Aosta ..But one reminder at both areas if you have a diesel car make sure your fuel has the anti Gel additive as it can gel up ..mine did as I had filled up in the valley before I got there
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@longsuffering, we’ve skied both areas, about 6 times in Aosta valley and 4 on the Sella Ronda, both lovely areas and good value for food and accommodation, lift passes are good also given the kms available. Why not split your time between both, it’s about 6 hours drive. The dolomites would also given you a possible few days in Venice, with a 2 hour drive each way.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Week 1 = Roccaraso
Week 2 = Cortina
Week 3 = Montgenevre
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy