Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

val disere family lift passes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi does anyone know how the discounts work for family lift passes .would people recommend buying as family or a la carte subscriptions in case not every one skis every day .im bringing my 18 family members who have never skiied so its a logisitcal challenge so id welcome any advice on the cheapest way to buy lift passes given 13 of them have never seen a ski slope .lift pass buyign seems to be open but not the family buying part .given we are going december maybe we have a few white out dates how do we avoid paying for 18 non skiing days
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@picnmix1974,
What ages are your group?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The u der 8s i know go free.we have 3 u der 8 5 under 18 and 9 over 18
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As the ski school for advice as to what they'll need. You are the best judge of how keen they are going to be - lots of beginners are anxious to spend maximum time on the slopes because progress in good lessons can be encouragingly fast. Others chicken out at the first fall (especially non-sporty adults).

Ski lessons will continue regardless of conditions, except for the most extreme situation.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks.advice noted . i guess i was just looking for more info on discounts for large purchases of passes,whether it was a thing and how significant it was
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
When I've looked into it in other resorts no, there aren't big discounts. And the "price per hour" isn't much less if you buy a week at a time, either. You have a complicated group to manage. I'd keep it simple!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Queueing for passes can be horrendous. Be on top of what the online options are.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thanks yes im trying to book it all now before dec so we have none of that lark
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Last year there was a family pass for 2 adults and 2 kids called the Tribe or something like that. But they will probably ask for evidence that you are a family.

But as you have non skiers it gets a bit more complicated. There are free lifts in the village for absolute beginners. There is then a Solaise Pass for beginners/early intermediates. This allows you to go up and down in the Solaise gondola to access the kids slopes and blues and greens. If it’s sunny it’s a big bonus as Val’s nursery slopes are often in the shade.

Where the instructor takes them is the kicker.

For the good skiers you then have the issue of just Val or Tignes Val D’Isere.

Good luck with your spreadsheet!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
When in December are you going? There's plenty of time. It's worth asking the ski school about best passes for all those who will be in lessons. More important at this point to book ski school, if you've not already done so, than to buy passes.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@picnmix1974,

https://www.skialacarte.fr/FrontOffice/val-isere#calendar-anchor

Ski a la Carte passes will ensure that you only pay for the days that your family members ski. And IIRC you only pay for those days at a later date by direct debit.

It's a subscription scheme. About 30 euros per adult per card. e15 for 8 to 18 year olds. 1 person can register, then all the rest can be added as "referrals", which helps chip a bit off an invoice. I don't think there are any half-day allowances. Once the pass is scanned through a gate you get billed for that day in full. The charges are cheaper than single day passes, but if you ski 6 full days in a week it will probably cost you more than buying a 6 day pass outright. You can use the pass in other resorts that support the passes during the season that they're valid for.

Hope this is helpful. It's been a while since we used them.

ps, if you do use them, watch out for them taking the 30 euro subscription out next year. (usually get notified by email, but ours always ended up in spam)
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
You didn't mention how long you were going for. Up to 6 days, there isn't really any discount on the pass against buying daily passes. Once you start getting to 6 days they start adding a free day and free trips to the pool.

Therefore the a la carte may work out better. The family passes used to be purchased in resort.

There does now seem to be an option to buy between 4 & 7 passes online where a discount is automatically applied to the basket (minimum 2 adults and 2 children). Might be worth just adding a few to a basket and finding the optimum permutation.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I spent ages doing that, on a good online system for Les Saisies, with 12 skiers in Les Saisies, last Easter. The system instantly produced prices for different permutations of time and people and it didn't take me long or much scribbling on a piece of paper to conclude that the marginal differences were not worth a lot of bother in the context of a very expensive holiday, overall. Admittedly in a place with far cheaper lift passes, though only under 5s go free! It's good for everyone to have a pass for all the lifts they're likely to use - otherwise the ditherers, or less keen amongst them, will be looking out of the window on a murky morning telling themselves that giving up on skiing for the day will save £X. Rather than "I've paid for my pass, let's get out and have a go, even if I spent part of the day sitting in a restaurant with a hot chocolate". With skiing, like sailing, it's best not to work out how much it costs you "per mile". Madeye-Smiley And sometimes it's the rougher days which produce the best memories. And refine your technique....
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'd second what @Origen, is saying. And we are tight rses. Every now and again we'll lose much of a day because of weather, occasionally someone will be ill or hurt themself. But equally many a day we will ski virtually from first lift to last with a short lunch stop. Swings and roundabouts. Even a bad day on the slopes is a better day than in the office.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy