Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verona to the Dolomites

Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have any recommendations for transfer company's from Verona Airport to the Dolomite resorts.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have done that by train to Bruneck / Brunico then bus to San Vigilio. It was fairly simple and straightforward
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Chick, To where in the Dollies?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Chick, Terravision do a bus transfer service from Verona airport to the Val Gardena resorts: https://www.terravision.eu/italiano/verona_aeroporto.html
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Mollerski, Selva or Arraba.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Chick, For Selva, try Auto Sella or Auto Dul.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Selva
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As there is only 2 of us we would ideally prefer a bus transfer to keep costs down .
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Chick wrote:
As there is only 2 of us we would ideally prefer a bus transfer to keep costs down .

Not my area I'm afraid. Have you investigated hoping on to a TO transfer bus. TOs whom operate in Selva tend to use Verona over Innsbruck.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
train to Chiusa bus to Selva
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chick wrote:

Have you looked at the Terravision link I posted? Is that suitable for you?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Chick wrote:

Arabba is best accessed from Venice side as there are no high passes to cross that way.

Selva should be doable from Verona with a transfer bus service or public transport using train and bus combo as mentioned above.

Car hire is another option, usually very cheap in Winter in N Italy.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Alastair Pink, Yes I've tried the link but can't find any time tables for the buses.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Chick, Probably suspended for the summer : check again later in year
latest report
For two, I'd hire a car. The drive is spectacular and none too arduous. It would be cheaper than private transfers and a lot less faff than buses and trains.
snow conditions
I've been getting quotes for Verona-Selva for January, best transfer so far is 700EUR return from Auto Dul, link was on the Val Gardena website, so they are pricey. Car hire was a lot cheaper, but we need something big to get skis in, so by the time you add fuel and tolls on it's about £140 (£35 a head) difference, so for that I think the transfer is worth saving the hassle. We went Verona over Innsbruck because of the concern of the roadworks.
latest report
 Zoenini
Zoenini
dunc999 wrote:
I've been getting quotes for Verona-Selva for January, best transfer so far is 700EUR return from Auto Dul, link was on the Val Gardena website, so they are pricey. Car hire was a lot cheaper, but we need something big to get skis in, so by the time you add fuel and tolls on it's about £140 (£35 a head) difference, so for that I think the transfer is worth saving the hassle. We went Verona over Innsbruck because of the concern of the roadworks.

Recently I went to Verona, how did you like it?
ski holidays
Zoenini wrote:
dunc999 wrote:

Recently I went to Verona, how did you like it?

Ah, the setting for a Shakespeare tragedy. Paid homage at Juliet's balcony? Any starcrossed lovers?? Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
@dunc999, Auto Dul (husband and wife team) have some pretty snazzy hair dos and fun with the dye bottle. Razz They're are lovely however. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
I’m pretty sure the Terravision coach transfer has not operated for many years & the options are either public transport which involves transfer from airport to Verona train station, train to Waidbruck/Ponte Gardena (same place with German or Italian name) then bus at train station up to Val Gardena.
Otherwise private transfer & when I have had private transfers I found the airport firms less expensive than the Val Gardena taxis but still fairly expensive & finally hire car & we found the hire prices usually go down in the winter, it’s a fairly easy drive with no mountain passes but obviously in the rare event of heavy snow could be more difficult.
Sorry can’t recommend any particular taxi company.
snow report
Mollerski wrote:
@dunc999, Auto Dul (husband and wife team) have some pretty snazzy hair dos and fun with the dye bottle. Razz They're are lovely however. Madeye-Smiley

That's good to know, thanks, glad I have picked them then!
ski holidays
Mollerski wrote:
For two, I'd hire a car. The drive is spectacular and none too arduous. It would be cheaper than private transfers and a lot less faff than buses and trains.

This.

it's an easy drive, especially to Selva. Autostrada (motorway) almost all the way then a decent A road with no passes to go over. The stories of bad Italian driving are greatly exaggerated and definitely don't apply for that route.

After some debate family did this last year, they were a bit concerned before hand but found it easy so are doing the same next season.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy