Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Gifting a Trip near Boston?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am looking to possibly gift a ski trip to a soon to be married couple. He previously skied but stopped a few years ago. She has never skied. They live in Boston. Trip could be an overnight or day trip. Basically I just want to 'nudge' them into downhill skiing. They are in their late 30's, early 40's with no children. What are some recommendations... besides the obvious Okemo and Killington resorts. I have done both and feel they might be overwhelming, especially for the never skied bride. Plus a bit closer to Boston might be helpful if they find it enjoyable. My search came up with this list....

Wachusett
Sugarbush
Loon
Mount Sunapee
Nashoba Valley
Ragged Mountain

Unfortunately many of the reviews were not current so any updated suggestions would be greatly appreciated....
Note: although my user name is capecodbeachfront I actually live near Saratoga in NY State
Currently I hold a Senior Season's pass for Gore...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sunapee is very beginner friendly, close to Boston, and have a great little cafeteria where you can get some food and heat.

Although my last visit was in 2011, I believe not much have changed there. We visited the place because my girlfriend mom was a careful skier, and this was the place where she was comfortable. Do expect variable snow conditions.

Loon and sugarbush are bigger areas, but not as beginner friendly. The rest I haven’t visited.

Mad River Glenn is still a favorite of mine, but do not invite beginners Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@capecodbeachfront, welcome to snowHeads snowHead .You may not be aware, but snowHeads is a UK based ski related forum, so relatively few sHs will be familiar with US East Coast ski resorts. I've skied at Loon and Cannon in New Hampshire, staying in the nice town of Lincoln. Of the two I would say Loon is probably better suited for beginners.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you. I did notice most posts were regarding European resorts.
I will look for something a little more specific to the US Northeast area.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wachusett and Sunapee are the Boston daytrip classics.

Loon is the classic Boston weekend condo.

Killington and Stowe are the long weekend.

Sugarbush for those in the know.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@capecodbeachfront - there is an East Coast skiing subreddit, https://www.reddit.com/r/icecoast/, which might be a more effective place to get answers to your query.... although I'm quite impressed by the range of answers you've received so far!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy