Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another Brides les Bains question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Friends of ours (parents of a girl who's in preschool with our son) have booked in Brides les Bains for half term.

The kids like each other and we all get on very well together so in principle it would be cool to join them. But I would much prefer to be in a resort rather than down in the valley. Their reason for booking Brides was cost - they said they paid around 800 Euros instead of 2k in Meribel for a similar room. Of course, I'd have suggested something entirely different which would maybe split the difference, such as Val Cenis maybe, or Montgenevre, or perhaps Livigno (they're Italian). They don't need the full 3V domain (and I assume it would be very busy at half-term - well, the last week of Feb as that's when our school breaks).

What would you do? Go with them, convince them to cancel if they still can, go somewhere else this year?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@horizon, I'd go with them and definately would not try to get them to change their mind (if there is the slightest thing wrong with your suggestion they will blame you). If they are going to France during the 3rd week of half term it's going to be busy, very busy everywhere and one of the most expensive weeks of the year. Use the time sitting in the telecabine to relax and chat and do not grumble at all about anything.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Agree with johnE. The Telecabin ride up the hill is perfect time for Breakfast. The journey back time for chat about the day.
Go with your friends and tell them how clever they were.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@horizon, if I was in your shoes, it would depend on how many ski strips I had planned that season.
If it was just the one, I’d be unlikely to want to compromise on it at all.
If I had 3/4 booked, I’d be more likely to go along with them.

So, as always, “it depends” is the answer.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dode wrote:
@horizon... it would depend on how many ski strips I had planned ...
I'm not sure it's that sort of holiday! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@horizon, as with others a lot "depends".

If you normally or were planning to go HT I would go with it, as it's not a bad option.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@ecureuil, Laughing Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy