Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Practical seasonaire job suggestions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am currently an aviation maintenance technician and looking at the possibility of doing a ski season. I’m wondering if there are any practical jobs available. Piste basher/car/ski lift/property maintenance maybe? Obviously part time would be ideal so I have time to ski etc.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In Europe who knows. Those sort of maintenance jobs seem to belong to old hands. If you can get a working visa for US or Canada you might have more luck with some sort of maintenance skills.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Do you speak any foreign languages? It will help a lot. For example, our local ski shop is advertising for an all rounder in ski rental and servicing.

https://www.centralsport.ch/media/archive1/PDF_Downloads/InseratStelleServicemann2024-25.pdf
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd expect most jobs of this type would be advertised by the lift operators at individual ski resorts (and note that often the lift companies are separate from the resort management, and indeed there may be more than one lift company in any given resort), rather than any central operator as you might find for resort rep jobs at tour operators. I'd also epect in any case they'd be more likely to bring young locals up through the ranks. Having said that you never know, it's certainly worth checking and emailing resorts. THere are some companied who operate over multiple rsorts, e.g. Compagnie Des Alpes

https://compagniedesalpes.softy.pro/offres

Alternatively, there are helicopters in regular use around most resorts, which might be more aligned with your current skillset?

Or, just go for a generic "maintenance worker" role with a tour op
https://www.premiere-neige.com/jobs/
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
https://www.arlbergerbergbahnen.com/de/winter/service/offene-stellen/

Being an EEA citizen and a working knowledge of German would be needed for the technical jobs (assuming suitable qualifications), catering ones just an EEA citizen and a few words of German!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you can speak German you can do your current job 4 days/week at Innsbruck airport: https://www.innsbruck-airport.com/fileadmin/userdaten/Flugzeugabfertigung_Mai23.pdf (actual salary should be significantly higher than that minimum salary they are legally obliged to state)
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I can only speak English, which is suspected would be problematic. Does anyone have any suggestions that are more achievable but still practical and interesting
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@JRB747373, Courchevel Altiport?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@JRB747373, Do you have an EEA passport? If not you will need a visa which will allow you to work which is not so easy to get.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@JRB747373, in that case I'd suggest checking out north american resorts (young people can easily get a visa, though finding work and / or accommodation may not be so easy) or look for "handyman" jobs with tour operators
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@JRB747373,
I posted a link on 29 July 2024 in the Seasonnaire Jobs thread in the Resort Reviews forum - it's to a post I did for an Aussie snow sports site. Sorry can't do link - I'm using my phone to post. You'll understand it when you find & follow the link. wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@JRB747373, I’d expect in France you’d need the appropriate licence.

But you don’t need one of those as a ski tech.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
JRB747373 wrote:
I can only speak English, which is suspected would be problematic. Does anyone have any suggestions that are more achievable but still practical and interesting

NZ. No problem with getting a visa, English speaking and you wouldn't find it hard to get a job on a ski area with that kind of background.

Maintenance is a sweet gig - get all the fresh tracks opening lifts and plenty of time in the day to ski, and get to play with all the big toys.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Here's that link
https://www.ski.com.au/xf/threads/a-brief-guide-to-working-a-ski-season-in-europe-including-job-leads.94086/
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy