Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dolomites - Post Christmas

Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone

Off all the resorts in the Dolomites which would you choose for 3/4 nights between Christmas and Jan? Obviously nowhere is snowsure but I wonder where might be a bit safer?

We all really loved Ortisei last Feb, we had a self catering apartment and a car so the rest of the family drove from different lifts each day , while I booked a few walking trips (awesome!). Just fancy trying somewhere new. Family would also prefer to be more towards the SR.

Have read through the previous threads and Colfosco and Corvara come up quite a bit. Understand that Innsbruck airport is best avoided - does anyone know if the work is defo going ahead?

Thanks so much in advance!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Colfosco and Corvara would be good choices in my view. If you're flying in to Venice then Cortina Express do transfers to both resorts via changing bus at Cortina bus station.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Was there that week last year and there was plenty of snow everywhere.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@CeliaCo, your issue will be getting accommodation for 3/4 nights in peak season
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The Dolomites are one of the least snow sure areas for early season, but because the pistes are almost all on meadows you don't need much depth and you should be fine. Preparation of pistes is exemplary. Off piste is less sure and we once had to move resort because there was nothing to ski off piste. However even off piste, you should set against that bad year 3 years which were good in early January.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
holidayloverxx wrote:
@CeliaCo, your issue will be getting accommodation for 3/4 nights in peak season

Agree with this. If you can find accommodation thats where to go.
Will be busy anyway and mega busy from 29th
I am only going by the queues at lifts on the webcams Mid January is our choice time but we are not committed to holiday weeks. Little Angel
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cortina.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Last year I had a hard time booking hotels in Selva and nearby because my 7 days was not weekend to weekend - we were more like mid week to mid week with January 1 in the middle. Posta Al Cervo in Selva accommodated me and I would recommend. I got the impression that I could have done a shorter stay if I needed to. Hotel is very plain without much in the way of amenities, which may explain why demand may have been a bit muted. But I was very happy with it.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi all

thank you so much.

I know accomodation is tricky - it was the same last feb as we only went for 3 nights.

I thought Cortina was too tricky for early season with the resort closing with high winds? Or have i got that totally wrong.

I have suggested Austria but everyone wants to go back to Italy.

Will report back if I get lucky with accomodation.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:
wjrlaw wrote:
Last year I had a hard time booking hotels in Selva and nearby because my 7 days was not weekend to weekend - we were more like mid week to mid week with January 1 in the middle. Posta Al Cervo in Selva accommodated me and I would recommend. I got the impression that I could have done a shorter stay if I needed to. Hotel is very plain without much in the way of amenities, which may explain why demand may have been a bit muted. But I was very happy with it.

Many thanks - it is indeed proving tricky and I am struggling. Thanks for the suggestion
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The Flora in Selva does short stays but suspect they will be full already for those dates.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
A quick check on Booking.com confirms some availabilty, mostly at the high end hotels but there are a few cheaper options including an apartment, esppecially in Campitello. I'd avoid the Grohmann tho.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ghost Dog wrote:
A quick check on Booking.com confirms some availabilty, mostly at the high end hotels but there are a few cheaper options including an apartment, esppecially in Campitello. I'd avoid the Grohmann tho.

alas not that keen on spending 9 grand on 3 days skiing. - Yikes, especially when I dont even ski. Haha

Have found some apartments back in Ortisei which look nice and if we hire a car they can travel. I will see if I can find different snow walking routes to th eones I did last year.

Will have a look as well at campitello
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sorry if I have missed the exact dates and size of your group but the Alta Badia tourism page throws up a couple of possibles. App La Pineta, Colfosco has an apartment from 26th to 30th Dec for 896 euros which doesn't seem outrageous.@CeliaCo,
https://www.altabadia.org/en/
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
toyah807 wrote:
Sorry if I have missed the exact dates and size of your group but the Alta Badia tourism page throws up a couple of possibles. App La Pineta, Colfosco has an apartment from 26th to 30th Dec for 896 euros which doesn't seem outrageous.@CeliaCo,
https://www.altabadia.org/en/

Thanks - weirdly when I have contacted places off the alta badia accommodation page, they dont seem to have availability or require the full week or 10 days even.

Thanks for your help
snow conditions
CeliaCo wrote:
Ghost Dog wrote:

alas not that keen on spending 9 grand on 3 days skiing. - Yikes, especially when I dont even ski. Haha

Have found some apartments back in Ortisei which look nice and if we hire a car they can travel. I will see if I can find different snow walking routes to th eones I did last year.

Will have a look as well at campitello

Campitello was £432 B & B for 3 nights (24-27 Dec), not £9k. There was also an option for £20k Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy