Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2024-2025

Poster: A snowHead
Let's start next season with next season ski pass prices !

Go there (starting page 14): https://www.laplagne-tarentaise.fr/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/deliberations-du-Comite-syndical-du-13-02-2024.pdf
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Will be in resort for the whole season again this year. Let’s hope for a good winter.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for starting the thread!

@thierryd do you have any sense of any lift/gondola closures or new lifts/gondolas opening for the upcoming season?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Afaik the only new addition to the Paradiski area this winter is the new transarc in arc 1800, and the col du force drag has been shortened to allow for the works for the 25/26 season Roche du mio lift groundwork’s
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ukoldschool wrote:
Thanks for starting the thread!

@thierryd do you have any sense of any lift/gondola closures or new lifts/gondolas opening for the upcoming season?

As far as I know nothing new this season. Certainly Col de Forcle will be shorten and will be only usefull for Belle Plagne stadium.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Likely to be in Les Coches Christmas week - looking forward to it already
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Screen captures of 2024-2025 Ski Pass Prices:

snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Prices have soared 5-10%.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I had confirmation that Col de Forcle was shorten as planned. This is great news for Stadium skiers (last season I saw a huge number of people there).
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
thierryd wrote:
I had confirmation that Col de Forcle was shorten as planned. This is great news for Stadium skiers (last season I saw a huge number of people there).

where is it shortened from/to ?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
eblunt wrote:
thierryd wrote:

I don't have the details yet but it was supposed to be shorten by 3 or 4 pillars (if I remember well) because of the infrastructure build for the new gondola. What I get is the new arrival area of Col de Forcle is built and ready.

Nice post to follow New Gondola Construction: https://forum.stationsdeski.net/t3943-construction-telecabine-tcd10-roche-de-mio
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Wow, that looks impressive! I take it the old gondola line is already removed? Is the new one planned to be in operation for the new season?

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Wed 14-08-24 10:20; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ukoldschool wrote:
wow, that looks impressive! I take it the old gondola line is already removed? Is the new one planned to be in operation for the new season?

Planned to open for december 2025
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Great news! whats the plan to get up to Roche de mio in 2024?

A shame you cant pick it up in Belle Plagne with the new route, wonder what effect that will have on traffic getting onto the new gondola in bellecote? is the new base next to the belle plagne gondola entrance?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Old gondola will remain for Bellecote-Belle Plagne traffic.
New one will be on top of old one at Bellecote.
Nothing change for reaching Roche de Mio in 2024-2025 season
snow conditions
oh wow thats great news! Thank you for the reply Thierry!
snow report
ukoldschool wrote:
oh wow thats great news! Thank you for the reply Thierry!

my pleasure !
snow conditions
thierryd wrote:
eblunt wrote:
thierryd wrote:

I don't have the details yet but it was supposed to be shorten by 3 or 4 pillars (if I remember well) because of the infrastructure build for the new gondola. What I get is the new arrival area of Col de Forcle is built and ready.

Nice post to follow New Gondola Construction: https://forum.stationsdeski.net/t3943-construction-telecabine-tcd10-roche-de-mio

But starting from the same place ? It's quite handy for us when coming back to belle Plagne e.g. via Bergerie to go right at the cafe, down the track, get Col de Forcle up to the first corner then drop off there. Saves the doing the whole Arpette or Blanchets run if the conditions are a bit murky higher up.
ski holidays
I believe the plan suggests the Belle Plagne cable car from Bellecote to Belle Plagne will remain after the new route has been established, but you wont be able to get to the top of Roche De Mio from Belle Plagne any more and will need to board/ski down to bellecote to pick the new cable car up at the base

snow report
I wonder if the new gondola offers a new route to Les Arc avoiding Bellecote ? Will you be able to get to the CDF midstation from Funipagne ?
snow report
eblunt wrote:
... Will you be able to get to the CDF midstation from Funipagne ?
I am sure you will be able to. And (unlike the mid-station on the old/current gondola in Belle Plagne) it should be easier to get on, because there will probably be plenty of skiers alighting at the mid-station,to ski either back to Bellecote or to Champagny
ski holidays
ecureuil wrote:
eblunt wrote:
... Will you be able to get to the CDF midstation from Funipagne ?
I am sure you will be able to. And (unlike the mid-station on the old/current gondola in Belle Plagne) it should be easier to get on, because there will probably be plenty of skiers alighting at the mid-station,to ski either back to Bellecote or to Champagny

It's not immediately obvious that is the case, as you can't get to the top of CDF drag from Funiplagne. I'm Hoping they thought this through properly ....
ski holidays
eblunt wrote:
I wonder if the new gondola offers a new route to Les Arc avoiding Bellecote ? Will you be able to get to the CDF midstation from Funipagne ?

Unfortunately you will still need to get arpette. As the new gondola will still drop you at the top of RDM.
ski holidays
Timg60 wrote:
eblunt wrote:

Unfortunately you will still need to get arpette. As the new gondola will still drop you at the top of RDM.
From where you can take Inversens / Crozats or Glacier 1 & Derochoir, then (the flattish) Routes des Bauches direct to the Vanoise Express.
ski holidays
ecureuil wrote:
Timg60 wrote:
eblunt wrote:

From where you can take Inversens / Crozats or Glacier 1 & Derochoir, then (the flattish) Routes des Bauches direct to the Vanoise Express.

Both of which are blacks and probably won't take much traffic away.
snow conditions
Also would mean you can get to the glacier more easily from Plagne Centre , without having to go through Bellecote
snow conditions
Quote:

then (the flattish) Routes des Bauches direct to the Vanoise Express.

An understatement if ever there was one. IIRC there is about a km of poling/skating. Is it not a blue from the bottom of Inversens?
Can you get to the Vanoise express using Salla?
ski holidays
Routes des Bauches is 3km of poling - there is a sign at the bottom of the Bauches lift - to be avoided if at all possible. I think I did it once maybe.

Salla doesn't help as it's uphill from the top of Bauches. You can get up Crozats, turn right and go down to the magic carpet (Ange) and then you are at the top of Arpette and ski all the way down to the VE from there.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yeah, in 6 winters spent in La Plagne have never been tempted to use the route des bauches, especially after cycling it in summer. Part of it is even uphill.
Quickest route to VE will still be arpète and rope tow tbh.
ski holidays
There was at one time "talk" of a lift from bottom of Inversens to top of Crozat.
That would get you from Roche de Mio to the Vanoise without the flat route from Les Bauches (and avoid Bellecote).
latest report
Jonpim wrote:
There was at one time "talk" of a lift from bottom of Inversens to top of Crozat.
That would get you from Roche de Mio to the Vanoise without the flat route from Les Bauches (and avoid Bellecote).

It would be a great addition, however with how often the track from the top of Crozats to inversens has been closed in recent years because of avalanche risk I would imagine it’s a non starter. A mid station lift from chalet arpette would be great so you could do Rdm then tunnel and not have to go into bellecote. But being incredibly selfish as I live in 1800 I would prefer a chair or drag from the hut you see to the left of collosus so you can avoid bellecote to get back. Or even better from where the col du force drag starts.
snow conditions
A lift from Belle Plagne to the top of the Arpette would be nice as well.

Or perhaps up to Col du Seuchet area
latest report
Can't see any new lifts being installed in this area but happy to be proven wrong.
latest report
eblunt wrote:
get Col de Forcle up to the first corner then drop off there. Saves the doing the whole Arpette or Blanchets run if the conditions are a bit murky higher up.

Col de Forcle is old and even with a new one, dropping off before the end is the best way to provoke damages ! I can't support this.....
snow report
Bonjour plagnards - I'm starting to look ahead to next year's family holiday, and wondering about Easter. Our school holiday means the earliest week would start Sat 5th April - is that getting too late? Ideally, we'd stay somewhere like Plagne Soleil, rather than lower options. I've skied La Plagne lots, but never so late... Help!
snow conditions
@parttimer, no issue - I've been that late - you'll be fine. Even the lower resorts are open until 21st April (late Easter this season).
snow report
Construction of the intermediate station for the future Roche de Mio gondola is underway at La Plagne: https://tinyurl.com/5cbye7da
snow report
Interesting changes coming for RdM. Looking at this year's piste map, is there a new red from the top of Rossa chair off Crepines to Levasset piste. Is this to bypass the 'shelf' at Carella/Killis?
latest report
@phhun, I think it’s always been there “Roc” - but perhaps not always on the piste map? I’m sure there’s also a way to join up at the bottom to still hit Carella lift.
snow conditions
Quote:

I’m sure there’s also a way to join up at the bottom to still hit Carella lift.

That might be the 'easy' road off to the left of Tome that rejoins at the flat area of Carella/Quillis?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy