Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tarentaise car parking for motorhome

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I plan on doing a 4 week trip arriving in Tarentaise region on 23rd December for 4 weeks. I'll be in a fully winterised motorhome.
I want to stay as low as possible to minimise long drives up to very cold aires.
So I want to park next to cable car stations in the valleys.
What are the parking opportunities for a motorhome in the telecabine/funiculaire car parks in such places as BSM, Brides Les Bains etc?
I'm planning on staying about 3 days per location, gonna do the highlights in each resort.
Is there a French equivalent of Parkopedia or Justpark?
I've got searchforsites but it doesn't list everything.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have you tried Park4night (I think it is French based) suggests there are a couple of places in Brides Les Bains.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There must be places in the Maurienne for you to access the 3V via Orelle.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Deveron53,

That sounds like a great trip!

Remember to let us know how it goes. (A live trip report would be great Eh oh! ).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There are a couple of car parks at the bottom of the Orelle lift up to Val Thorens and have seen campers parked up overnight there. If you want somewhere more formal there is a year round small campsite a short distance away that has showers etc
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Deveron53, There is a campsite in Bozel with easy access to a free bus up to Courchevel. https://europe.huttopia.com/site/bozel-en-vanoise/
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There are lots of designated aires in the Alps and some, like Samoens and Les Gets, are very near lift stations. If you have to stay in a car park then make sure overnighting is allowed, otherwise the locals get upset, the police get involved, the resorts impose further restrictions and it ruins it for the rest of us!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There is a campsite in La Plagne. Its exact location is difficult to pinpoint right now, but we have seen it many times from the lift. I believe it is situated on the side of a slope.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
La Plagne literally beside the piste not cheap but lots included and near Plagne Villages and Plagne Soleil for restaurants etc
https://en.la-plagne.com/accommodation/campsites-and-mobile-homes/plagne-villages-mobile-home-camp-site
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Deveron53,
Try looking on the individual resort tourist info websites.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Orelle looks good but it's a bit of a longer drive around there from BSM. I'll look at Brides les Bains on Park4night.

I want low cost and not too high. I want to minimise the risk of frozen systems and also if I'm in a valley town, food etc will be cheaper.

I've looked at the resort websites but they tend to be seasonal as in, during summer they only seem to give summer related info.

The Huttopia sites are quite expensive and not generally near the lifts.

I'm not going to risk parking anywhere that might be frowned upon or illegal. I want a relaxing life!

Samoens is on my radar.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
You can park next/close to the lifts at fairly low level in Combloux (small aire with services), St Gervais Les Bains (busy aire with services and hookup) and Praz sur Arly (tolerated parking), all of which are between Samoens and the Tarentaise.
Actually, double check Combloux to see if the lower drag lift is running, nice spot though.
In the Tarentaise the La Plagne aire is high and difficult to access unless booked well in advance. Not sure if parking is still tolerated in Tignes Les Brevierres.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Deveron53, if you are finding it difficult to get resort information in summer (though most websites will have a dedicated winter section) try emailing the tourist offices.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Winterised Motorhome Campervan and Caravan Skiing group on FB has all the info you need
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy