Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Taking Daughter Skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I’m planning to take my daughter on her first ski trip this winter. She will be having a few days out of school, so crowds shouldn’t be an issue. She is a complete beginner, and is really excited to go skiing after a couple of lessons in the chill factor. She will need lessons when there too.

I’ve found great flights to Geneva 12-16th feb for £200 return including seats and bags. I’m looking for some help where to go what she will get the most from our 3/4 days on the slopes. Ideally I want ski in/out or as close to as possible. Also located within the village so we can do other activities too. I’ve always stayed in a catered chalet, so ideally would want to do this to ease the cooking/eating aspect.

Can anyone recommend a resort/accommodation this fits the bill?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What sort of skiing do you like? Where have you stayed before that you liked? Any budget restrictions? Would you have a hire car from Geneva?

Your dates are February half term. Could be difficult getting catered chalet accommodation for just 4 nights then in major winter sports destinations.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, @PeakyB, is right. You will struggle with those dates which are French school holidays and not a full standard week.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You might find a Swiss hotel is the best option in French holidays.
I know folk who have found places in La Thuile in French holidays for non full weeks as well.
I suspect catered chalets may be tough to find.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hmmmm, I thought half term was from the Saturday but i may be wrong. I also wasn’t aware it was French half term so I will look at alternative dates.

Everything else above still replies regarding requirements. She is 5 which I forgot to include in my original post.

I will most probably hire a car from Geneva or arrange a transfer.

I have skied in Portes Du Soleil which I really enjoy, and makes most sense due to distance, but the places I stayed didn’t really for the above criteria.

I really enjoy La Plagne/Les Arcs too
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

She will be having a few days out of school, so crowds shouldn’t be an issue.

Crowds will be an issue - a big issue. You are going during half term, one of the busiest times of the season. Getting into a ski school midway through the week will also be a big issue.

If you are looking at skiing in France then half term goes from 8/2/25 to 8/3/25 . I avoid those weeks.

If the dates are fixed then go somewhere other than France, Poland or Slovakia might be good choices.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you're taking her out of school anyway go in March. Less busy, warmer, longer days. All a bit more fun for a tiny skier.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I don’t have anything much to add to this except I’m also looking to do something similar with my 5 year old daughter in the coming season. She’s had two days of private lessons earlier this year and seemed thoroughly unfazed by the whole ski boots/skis thing and is excited at doing more.

March looks much better timing wise. If your daughter is anything like mine I would also consider self-catered. That way you can make simple food that you know she’ll eat. Nothing worse than having a tired kid who won’t eat the only thing that is on offer if it’s catered. You then also have the option of eating out one or two nights as a treat.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Grächen in Switzerland. Its brilliant for little ones, tiny resort, not busy even at half term. Enough for you to scoot about on for a few hours whilst she is in ski school. Activ Hotel is good and has a pool. Nice car free village. Massive playroom/ soft play at mid-station restaurant oh and 2hrs per day free creche (upto 6) if you want more slope time.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Ricklovesthepowder, sounds like terrific advice from @Nadenoodlee, who knows her stuff with two small people.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Nadenoodlee, great info I’ll take a look into this.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy