Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kitzbühel Re-branding

Poster: A snowHead

http://youtube.com/v/TGq-13DwlLk?

https://www.tt.com/artikel/30885350/wegweisendes-rebranding-der-marke-kitzbuehel
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Usual marketing drivel then. The product is what matters and the product is a bit tatty in warmer winters and a relatively low resort.

No doubt a 10-20% price increase will follow he says cynically
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So they've designed a refresh of the logo. Whoopee! That'll enhance the experience. It's a nice enough place with an iconic ski race when conditions permit (and I expect skiing similarly conditions dependent) but that video is almost a parody.

As a side note as everywhere tries to go upmarket and become a lifestyle brand where do all the price insensitive wealthy come from to patronise these resorts? It ain't the "influencers" who are busy grifting for their next freebie.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not sure the brits get quite how Kitzbühel is seen in the German speaking world. To some degree the skiing is secondary, it attracts a lot of high end tourism. It is not dissimilar to Sylt, which attracts a large amount of basically German high end tourism. Lots of fancy restaurants, spa hotels etc The fact that it is either wind swept North Sea beaches / fairly low skiing is not particularly relevant. They are places to be "seen" in. That's what the branding exercise is aimed at. When the snow is good the skiing is actually pretty good, not in the Arlberg league but probably better than most of the other Tirol / Salzburgerland areas but how often is the snow good?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@munich_irish, we stayed in Sylt for a few days in August last year (direct flight from Zurich!). It’s a windswept, barren bit of coast, but for some reason it’s incredibly successful commercially. We stayed in a lovely hotel and had 4 days of foody heaven. If Sylt can do it then Kitz should have no problem Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@munich_irish, guess I should be grateful that places are willing to declare themselves so readily as "not for me". Only problem is when everywhere tries to place themselves in that bracket, though by then hopefully economic reality bites as they realise they're chasing a market that isn't THAT big.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The new Kitz logo looks like the shopping cart my grandma pushes around the grocery store.

Apart from that, it is a good rebranding.

Kitz wants to move from rich and old, to young and luxury.

The new brand campaign reflects that.

Kitzbuhel, of course, is where the Munich snobs go to showoff.

It is like Cape Cod to Boston. Hamptons to NY. Cotswolds to London.

Kitz is also in fierce competition for the German Euro with Lech and others.

This is a good move by Kitzbuhel. Get ahead of the game.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@telford_mike, its beyond me why it is so popular but it is, rich Germans cant get enough of the place. It is an awful long way (not just geographically) from the rest of the country, so much so that it is only connected via a railway line, a ferry from Denmark or by private plane. Kitzbühel appeals to the same market, Lech is a bit more refined I doubt they would be running a rebranding exercise. Personally much prefer cheesy apres in St Anton with better skiing (even if it costs as much these days!).
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
They don't seem very interested in attracting people who want to go skiing.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rdk wrote:

Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rdk wrote:

You're worth more in the spa or bar or in the boutiques than you are skiing. All that capex and maintenance and staffing requirement.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Was up the Hahnenkamm last week, cafe prices were even higher than the winter prices.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
rdk wrote:

You're worth more in the spa or bar or in the boutiques than you are skiing. All that capex and maintenance and staffing requirement.

It’s almost like skiing is the loss leader… The Costco rotisserie chicken if you will.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Have they closed the Londoner then?
Or even the Bosna Van.

Always ended up in there on every night of every trip year after year... but I've not been in ages... er when you paid in "Os Schilling" (Alpin Dollar)

If the Londoner still exists, they will still have the same playlist running.
Vincent, REM, etc.

I've not looked at the video yet, I will a bit later.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@DrLawn, the Londoner was still open last week when we were there but we didn't go in. Last time we went in was about 6 years ago and it was sad and smelly. Yuck Eh oh! .
snow report
@JimboS, That's a shame, the staff probably all need new rubbers on thier Zimmer Frames now. Crying or Very sad
snow report
Something tells me that Vail Resorts had a word or two to say in this "rebranding" ... after all Kitzbühel is Vail's "partner resort", no ?

This "partnership" is mostly based on marketing, if anything there will be more rich Americans.

Edit: Sorry, it is Alterra (IKON pass) - not Vail Resorts ... same difference Wink
ski holidays
@Cheapski, It's complicated. A significant minority stake in KitzSki has just been bought by a US PE outfit who appears to be neither VR or Alterra but the story is pretty opaque.

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=5302619&highlight=longterm#5302619
ski holidays
munich_irish wrote:
@telford_mike, its beyond me why it is so popular but it is, rich Germans cant get enough of [Sylt]. It is an awful long way (not just geographically) from the rest of the country, so much so that it is only connected via a railway line, a ferry from Denmark or by private plane.

You do understand that being remote, but being easily reachable by private plane isn't a bug, but a feature for the upper class?

Anyway, Sylt isn't anything like Kitz. Sylt is old money, Kitz isn't. And unlike Kitz, Sylt is actually great.
snow report
Tristero wrote:

Anyway, Sylt isn't anything like Kitz. Sylt is old money, Kitz isn't. And unlike Kitz, Sylt is actually great.

Dont think singing Nazi tunes as part of apres has made it to Kitzbühel Smile
ski holidays
munich_irish wrote:
Tristero wrote:

Dont think singing Nazi tunes as part of apres has made it to Kitzbühel Smile

Don't be too sure. Can happen anywhere. There is no cure to stupid.
snow report
Cheapski wrote:
Something tells me that Vail Resorts had a word or two to say in this "rebranding" ... after all Kitzbühel is Vail's "partner resort", no ?

This "partnership" is mostly based on marketing, if anything there will be more rich Americans.

Edit: Sorry, it is Alterra (IKON pass) - not Vail Resorts ... same difference Wink

There were LOTS of Americans in Kitz last season using their Ikon passes. If you live on the east coast of America it isn't much further to fly to Munich and have an easy transfer than it is to fly to Denver for Vail etc and endure i70. And when they arrive in Europe their $$$ goes a hell of a lot further.

Quite like the punchy new branding but it does indeed look like a shopping trolley. Once you see it you can't unsee it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy