Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotels with adjoining rooms

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm currently looking at holidays in Feb (the 1st so pre super busy) and wondering if anyone knows of any piste / lift adjacent (ski in out for kids) hotels that have adjoining rooms? We will travel with a family that has 2 young twin boys (7 years old) and another younger boy (5years old). So the average family room doesn't often fit them. I'm also looking at chalets but think that catered chalet might stretch their budget a bit.

Something like Obergurgl etc for Austria. Or perhaps France in one of the architecturally challenged resorts.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Maybe Avoriaz? Looks purpose built.
I found Banff was excellent for this, but these years it’s become unaffordable.
We often rented an apartment in Andorra, it worked for our two. We could look at room sizes and facilities on booking.com. A 5 year old could probably sleep on the floor, especially after skiing all day!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You mention Obergurgl, this is definitely possible in Hotel Alpina, there are various sizes of interconnected rooms, I've seen some of them have multiple entrances, they are basically two or more rooms joined together.

https://www.hotelalpina.com/en/rooms/luxury-suites-obergurgl.html

There are also lots of large family rooms in the Edelweiss in Obergurgl too.

They are the only two hotels I've stayed in but I expect other hotels in town can offer the same kind of thing.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hotel Belambra Les Embrunes in Les Saisies has apartments that would fit the family. We stayed here last January. It was great and properly ski in ski out for all.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@afterski, how about hotels with apartments?

We stayed here December before last in a 3 room (2 bedroom) apartment. Ski in ski out was excellent.

https://www.sunweb.co.uk/ski/france/le-grand-massif/flaine/residence-les-terrasses-deos?Participants%5B0%5D%5B0%5D=1989-05-17&Participants%5B0%5D%5B1%5D=1989-05-17&Participants%5B0%5D%5B2%5D=2006-08-20&Participants%5B0%5D%5B3%5D=2009-09-20&Duration%5B0%5D=8&DurationsRanges=8-8&Mealplan=LG&Month=2024-12-01&TransportType=SelfDrive
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hotel Schranz in Lech
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lots of hotels have adjoining rooms. Literally ski in/ski out that is easy enough for young kids is the biggest constraint.
Three I can think of are:

Hotel Les Deux Domaines, Belle Plagne. Used to be owned and run by Ski Esprit but now French owned (by MMV possibly?).

Chalet Hotel La Foret, Vallandry, owned and run by Ski Olympic.

There’s also a cluster of chalets with adjoining rooms in Reberty, run by a British operator. Can’t recall details but could find out if that might be of interest.

You don’t mention what the skiing preferences of your family and the adults in the other family are. Paradiski (Belle Plagne & Vallandry) and 3 Valleys (Reberty) both have vast amounts of varied piste skiing and plenty off piste too. If you don’t need that then there’s a strong case for going somewhere smaller, better value and hopefully less crowded.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@PeakyB, Thanks. Mostly blue cruisers I think. Only myself looking for side hits. Will check out all the above.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
les Arcs 1950? You should be able to find an apartment that fits your needs there because it's pretty much 100% ski in/out. The apartment blocks have front desks and feel a bit like hotels in some respects. The blues are pretty good there and excellent lifts. I'd expect you'd avoid many queues because it's geared up to deal with massive numbers at Feb half term. My son loved it there when he was the age of your children. You'll also have access to decent expert terrain very quickly from the centre of the resort if you get a quick hour or so to yourself.

If Les Arcs 1950 blows your budget then Les Arcs 2000 is nearly as good and you should be able to find a reasonable priced private rental.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@afterski, another that’s ski in/ski out with adjoining rooms is the Belambra Panorama in Flaine.
I’ve not been to this one but it gets VG reviews and Flaine is regarded as a family friendly resort. Not too long a transfer from GVA either.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hotel Alparena La rosiere. It has a mixture of hotel rooms and apartments. We have always stayed in one of the apartments and sometimes had lunches at one of their restaurants which is slopeside and does pizzas as well as normal alpine food. It has a lovely pool area and is ski to and from the door in a very family oriented ski resort. Only a few turns and you are at the ski school meeting point. The resort has an ice rink, bowling and a mini roller coaster. We booked the accommodation through peak retreats self drive.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I don't think catered chalet are more expensive than hotels. Big price range in both, and in self catered apartments and chalets.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy