Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet Cancelling Flights Again

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Easyjet seems to have cancelled a lot of summer flights out of Scotland, some at very short notice. Anyone know what's going on?

How did Easyjet perform last winter on flights to/from main snowsports destinations? Can they be trusted for advance bookings for next season? Do they have a 'very clear plan'?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Theyve cancelled all of the salzburg/Gatwick flights in september
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm not sure any airline can be "trusted". They are businesses and if a particular route is not selling well they won't have much concern about cutting back or cutting it altogether in order to redeploy their assets more profitably.

I might even speculate that they probably don't have all the aircraft and staff to fly a full seasonal schedule when they launch it, as they know they'll cut some losers.

It's tough but the more niche your regional airport is the more likely flights will be cut.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
MSM suggesting ATC capacity or lack of. Happened last year so you think EJ would have had a heads up for this year and planned accordingly.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Used to an easyjet fan but they have chose to go to follow Ryanair type business plan.
I still use them from time to time.
Jet2 is my "cheapish" airline of choice at present as a couple of times when things have hit the fan they were more help than EJ.

I think they can be trusted as much as most other airlines and more than some.
You just need to book and keep your fingers crossed.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 28-06-24 13:22; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Not just cancelling ... we have 6 flights (3 trips) booked with easyJet next winter (pressed the button as soon as they were released) including a long weekend with our 2 boys in January. 5 out of the 6 flights have now been rescheduled (same day / different time) - got email from them a couple of weeks ago. The initial flight on Thursday 16 January was due to depart Manchester at 19: 10 which would have given us enough time to pick the kids from school, drive to the airport and check-in. This has now been brought forward to 17:15. I know there's much more important stuff in life but this doesn't do anything to our willingness / confidence to book with them as soon as the initial winter schedule lands next April (they should caveat this by saying that a big chunk of these flights will not operate as advertised).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have just come back from a holiday to Italy, used easyjet. They cancelled our outgoing flight 12 hours before we were due to leave, family of 4. No reason given. Plus they don't automatically book you on another flight, you had to do that yourself through the app. Because of this we could only get onto a flight the following day. So we all lost a day of our precious holiday. Had a lot of stress because of it and hassle trying to change things like airport parking and car hire etc. As well as a day of my holiday I reckon it cost us £500 in total and no way to claim that back from Easyjet. Absolute cowboys, will never use them again if I can help it!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@DHosking, https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/holiday-cancellations-and-compensation/if-your-flights-delayed-or-cancelled/
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@DHosking, With the global IT meltdown, I doubt you will get anything.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy