Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chitose Hire Cars

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have taken the plunge and committed to another trip to Japan next season with Smigus Dyngus aka Pigeondave. Will be flying into Chitose and then staying in Sapporo and heading out from there. Last time we hired a car from Nippon Rent a Car. Didn't have any real issues but wondering if anyone had any recommendations? Will probably be looking for a larger car/SUV/people carrier just because it's easier throwing kit into and a bit more comfortable as we're going to spend quite a bit of time driving.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We got a Toyota Fielder estate a few years ago. Great car. It made this average driver feel like Fangio on ice and snow. Obviously opt for all wheel drive although it's the proper winter tyres that make all the difference I suspect.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@sbooker, yeah the winter tyres are mega...a little too mega. They sort of lull you into a false sense of security at times, I had one sideways moment that put me on the wrong side of the road, thankfully when nothing was coming

Did you rent from Toyota or through some other company?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@SnoodyMcFlude, I can’t recall which company sorry but it definitely was not through Toyota as I remember I had another option that was a Mazda.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I used Toyota Rent, Nissan Rent and ToCoo (https://www2.tocoo.jp/en/)
Each time when booking checked of what deals were available
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We used Nissan. X-trail was good when we went exploring. But I swapped to a Note when my mates left and that would also have been good for 2 people - was great in the snow
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Any rental place is going to be decent, I’d say. I think I’ve used most of the main companies, and the experience tends to be very similar.

One bit of advice would be to book early if you’re wanting a larger vehicle during the winter. (You can book with no pre-payment required and free cancellation until 7 days prior with most outfits)
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@BobinCH, I'd have thought a Note is a bit small for two large blokes, suitcases and ski bags?

@MagSeven, @mooney058 cheers, I'm looking to book shortly so will scout out some deals
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SnoodyMcFlude wrote:
@BobinCH, I'd have thought a Note is a bit small for two large blokes, suitcases and ski bags?

@MagSeven, @mooney058 cheers, I'm looking to book shortly so will scout out some deals

It was bigger on the inside than I expected and great to drive but you may have to lower one of the front seats for the skis in which case the passenger would have to sit behind the driver
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
BobinCH wrote:
SnoodyMcFlude wrote:

It was bigger on the inside than I expected and great to drive but you may have to lower one of the front seats for the skis in which case the passenger would have to sit behind the driver

That would work provided a small car’s back bench folds down in sections. I believe it was the case on one of the cars in 2020. This year with Toyota one small car did not have sections, just one piece.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm not sure Dave would be too pleased sitting in the back of a Note for about 3 hours every day Laughing I don't really have any need to pick something small so probably simpler just to take something larger and not have the risk of it being a squeeze...even though I am pretty pro at packing a lot into a small car
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
SnoodyMcFlude wrote:
I'm not sure Dave would be too pleased sitting in the back of a Note for about 3 hours every day

Please post video if you decide to go with this option. On the upside he could whip you with his pussy willow like a chariot driver.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Dave of the Marmottes, we shoved him in the back of a Yaris estate once and he seemed happy enough. You just have to give him some biscuits or something and he settles down.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy