Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Will La Clusaz have snow of end of March/beginning of April?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm interested in La Clusaz or Avoriaz for 2025. If La Clusaz will be likely to have reasonable snow cover and the pistes will still be open, I'd prefer that, because it's prettier and nearer to Geneva. I've read someone on here saying that La Clusaz usually has snow until the end of April. Any experiences from those who have been at that time of year? I know nothing's guaranteed. Many thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

I've read someone on here saying that La Clusaz usually has snow until the end of April.

La Clusaz is a nice place but the village itself is very low and unlikely to have snow on the ground at the end (or even the beginning) of April.

If you have kids with you, having snow right outside, to play in, is very important!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
La Clusaz plans to open its slopes from Nov 30 2024 to Apr 27 2025.

The village itself is usually snowfree. It's very low, at 1100m.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks, I'm really most concerned about the state of the pistes. We're been in Montgenevre for the last couple of years at that time of year, and although there wasn't snow on the ground in the village, the runs were all absolutely fine, which works for us.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@RD3005, how are you planning to get from Geneva? La Cluz doesn't have anything like the transfer infrastructure rge PdS does.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I’ve been wanting to go to La Clusaz the last few seasons in April but from an entirely unscientific approach of checking webcams, I’ve always gone elsewhere (Val d’Isere and Deux Alpes).

There’s been no snow in the village level and even the home runs covered by snowmaking have either been shut or very scrappy indeed. You could probably upload and download on Bossonnet but I’d be looking at somewhere a bit higher at that time of year.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Balme secteur will be absolutely fine, and is often open until early May. Rest of the resort could be sketchy though. Particularly the home runs.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I wouldn't pick La Clusaz if you are looking for an experience similar to Montgenevre. The ski area is not as well linked or cruisy. you are correct that La Clusaz is a pretty village though.

If you are set on the northern alps near Geneva I'd say Flaine would be your best bet. The resort is not attractive architecturally but the skiing is often excellent in early April and it has a mixture of skiing above and below the treeline.

La Balme is the snow sure part of La Clusaz that is open till May. The rest of the La Clusaz ski area is lower lying/less snow sure. If I were going to the Aravis area at the end of march I'd probably book Le Grand Bornand but I still think Flaine would be better.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I do not think La Clusaz or the sister area Grand Bornand will have good snow at the end of April. They may, they may not, but I would not bet my money on that. Much better off at Flaine, tbh.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Pasigal, but OP is looking at beginning of April ...

This year, however, not so much ...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ah misread it. I still think the lower slopes of the Aravis massif will be pretty thin by mid-March, although there was a late snow last year (or was it this year?).
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It's really not a great destination for that time unless you left it to the last minute to book accommodation.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I went to La Clusaz last year in mid-March. It’s a very pretty area, and I had a lovely time. Having said that, the snow deteriorated significantly over the week I was there, and they were apparently closing all of the pistes returning to the village the week after.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy