Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BA have cancelled my flights..

Poster: A snowHead
Just had an email cancelling flights for next March.

Yes, it's a long way away, but really annoying!

So instead of 10 mins in a taxi to Southampton airport, it will be a drive to either Heathrow or Gatwick it seems...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
have you looked at alternative dates? Good chance they have pulled the route.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dates are set, accomadation is booked!

Looks like its a trip to Heathrow and 2 weeks parking instead of 10 mins in a taxi rolling eyes
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ciderinsport, don’t panic. Wait to see if they reinstate the flights. It may just be an aircraft change and may be sorted by Monday.. If you accept the rescheduling you can’t change back. Pop them an email to say, don’t reallocate just now you have to check all the options.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@ciderinsport, Where are you flying to? Bristol is pretty big these days and may have a flight. May not be any closer, but another option.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Cheers, re-booked with BA Heathrow - Grenoble.

The worry now is there isn't any car hire showing at Grenoble airport! Hopefully I'm just too early!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@ciderinsport, I've looked before a number of times for Grenoble car hire and never found any. It is basically a cowshed which is only used over winter weekends so it's probably not worth the effort for rental companies to set up shop there.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@ciderinsport, how annoyjng! Do you know if they are just ditching that route from Southampton or if it is just reducing number of weekends flying?

I was gutted to discover they have stopped the Southampton to Salzburg route so we ended up booking Gatwick to Salzburg foe Christmas week
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We had this happen a few weeks ago for a Gatwick flight. BA only offered us flights in the evening the same day however there was an early flight which they failed to offer us. I phoned them direct and they apologised they didn’t offer us the earlier more expensive flight which we changed to. Funny that.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Standard BA. he step daughter had her flights cancelled days after she booked them to the US.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ciderinsport, if you google "why can't i hire a car from grenoble airport" you will find a series of SnowHeads threads (2nd on the list after Tripadvisor on my search).
Well worth reading.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Having done a bit of reading about Grenoble airport I'm now regretting the decision to go there!

I always thought Chambery was bad, but bearable, as I could be on the ground there in less than 3 hours from leaving home. And always had a good choice of hire cars including the best upgrade ever last March - smallest cheap car to BMW M5 thing! That was a brilliant drive up to Alpe D'huez Madeye-Smiley Previously I've had everything from small cars to minibuses without issue.

Anyway, it's done and closer to Alpe D'heuz where i'm heading. It does appear they did have Avis there last winter so I'll keep checking and just keep my fingers crossed.

And it seems BA have dropped the winter schedule from Southampton....

Edit: Just seen BA do LHR - Lyon at roughly the same time as Grenoble. I wonder if they would change them??
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@ciderinsport, that is so frustrating over dropping the flights from Southampton Sad

Guess we still have EasyJet from there or Hurn but stuck with only getting to Geneva
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ciderinsport wrote:

Edit: Just seen BA do LHR - Lyon at roughly the same time as Grenoble. I wonder if they would change them??

The official BA rule is one change on cancellation, which you've used up in making the Grenoble booking.

There's no harm in calling up and pleading your case. Sometimes I've had extra flexibility.

As @glasgowcyclops said upthread - next time (and this q gets asked a lot on here) there's no need to rush rebookings, unless it's a busy route/busy time of year like a half term Saturday, you can take your time looking for better options (typically -3days/+14days vs original, airports within 300miles of original ones), then call BA to book those.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
BA cancelled our January 2025 Gatwick to Verona flight this week. It was the perfect date, time and a low price.
snow report
@Snow&skifan, don’t worry about the price. They will reschedule or reroute you for the same price.
snow report
Easyjet has pulled lyon route from Birmingham by the looks of it
ski holidays
Snow&skifan wrote:
BA cancelled our January 2025 Gatwick to Verona flight this week. It was the perfect date, time and a low price.

Sorry to hear that. The key thing is not to rush into the next decision.

BA will probably email you with a “we’ve rebooked you into X” email. This doesn’t require you to fly X until you contact BA to accept the change (or do it via the app).

Key steps for me:
1) if there’s a good replacement option (which might be the one I’ve been rebooked into), I check its price. It might be better to book it independently (if it’s cheaper than my old flight) and take a refund on my existing booking.
2) if my plans might change, unless it’s a busy route/time (eg new year or feb half term), I do nothing at all - doing nothing doesn’t mean I’ve accepted BAs proposed change, but it does mean (usually) that BA has held my seat on that suggested alternative flight.
3) if my plans are fixed (eg school hols, other services already booked) then after a few days consideration I might take the rebooking option, but as you can see by the initial part of this thread, it’s not something to rush.
snow report
@snowdave, Good points.

@Snow&skifan, As said above, no rush to rebook or accept any rebooking. It basically means BA have converted your booking to a fully flexible booking which you can change free of charge (or fully refund) whenever you want, as long as you don't click "accept" yet. Sometimes when this happens to me, I have left the booking "hanging" for many months and only rebooked onto my desired flight shortly before the trip, in order to retain flexibility.
ski holidays
@musehead, I think that BA has returned to its more restrictive pre covid policy now, which is that you can only change to a flight 3 days before or 14 after (or refund, or possibly reroute within 300 miles). I’ve not had a cancellation or even major delay/schedule change for about six months now so I’m not sure of the actual implementation, but I’ve been told it’s back to the old rules.

In these situations it’s possible to speak to the call centre to find out your options, without accepting anything (make clear you’re not agreeing to any change and that you need to consult other people etc). With doing this as cancellations can vary in how they are treated. Also worth making sure you’re a BA exec club member (free) as that can improve the level of service recovery.
ski holidays
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
@Snow&skifan, don’t worry about the price. They will reschedule or reroute you for the same price.

Hi, they did, but to much later slot on our holiday travel date, wiping out a day in the Dolomites. So I cancelled. Now looking at a variety of Innsbruck, Verona and Venice flight options.
ski holidays
@Snow&skifan, it’s probably too late since you’ve cancelled, but all those airports are within 300 miles of your original destination so BA would usually have rebooked you free of charge to any of them (unless the 300 mile rerouting policy has changed).
latest report
snowdave wrote:
@Snow&skifan, it’s probably too late since you’ve cancelled, but all those airports are within 300 miles of your original destination so BA would usually have rebooked you free of charge to any of them (unless the 300 mile rerouting policy has changed).

It’s alright, I’m happy with the 100% refund and going back to the drawing board. I did check first and didn’t like the BA alternatives.

Greedily we make more of a week away skiing than ‘just’ 6 days in resort. Usually bolting on a day or two, for example last December having a wonderful 2 days in Munich before a full week in Ski Amade. Very doable financially, Thursday flights are as cheap as chips.
ski holidays
Does anyone know if BA have also cancelled Glasgow to Chambery? I was sure when I looked last week there were direct flights, now not showing. (Might have been Edinburgh, but also no direct flights)
ski holidays
BA cancelled our Edinburgh to Chambery
They offered refund or Edi to Heathrow then Gatwick to Chambery. Transfer between London airports at our own cost. Completely unsuitable for our big family group. . Apart from extra cost it added hours to our travel.
So it was a refund and after much consideration we opted for EasyJet EDI to MIlan Malpensa Similar cost and suitable for our resort

Very disappointed with BA
No reason given. We assume they have pulled the winter flights.
snow report
@Gufo, really sorry to hear that, guess that explains why the route not showing anymore, total PITA for people living in Scotland.
snow conditions
@Gufo, did you also change resort? I'm struggling to think of any resort that would be accessed from Chambery for which Milan would also be convenient.
snow report
No we did not change resort.
Had paid deposit on a very lovely chalet, chosen specifically for our large group. We took advice and settled on Milan Malpensa which although in Italy has a good transfer to Montgenevre. Resort sits on Italian / French border and suited us perfectly last year.
Our priority is a direct flight from Scotland. Not a huge amount of options
So fingers crossed EasyJet works for us.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy