Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

NZ 2024

Poster: A snowHead
Not much snow yet but a nice photo I took today

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Crowded as usual then.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
NZ farmers are getting the sheeps ready for winter.

Snow is coming.

latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@hang11, I have kept touch with friends - it's rather ironic that you have been having better weather (if a touch cold) for model flying while heading into winter, then we have been having heading into summer.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@achilles, Yes not much in the way of winter yet. A few areas will be opening with limited terrain this weekend. It’s been cold but really dry all summer and that has continued over autumn and early winter.

Being optimistic the storm systems in the Southern Ocean have been firing up a lot more lately, but just not hitting the sweet spot for good snow yet. Early days though.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It's a disastrous start to the winter 2024 NZ season.

https://planetski.eu/2024/06/14/new-zealand-ski-resorts-hoping-to-open-this-weekend/
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No it’s not !

It’s a usual start for super early in winter - this pic is right now just heading up to work and I would say it’s about 20cm last night in the craigieburn range with a solid forecast over the next 10 days.

ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cardrona is looks pretty well covered. And the Queenstown areas are building up their coverage little by little so it will be ok by the time we really need it.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:
It's a disastrous start to the winter 2024 NZ season.
It's the equivalent of mid-December in the northern Hemisphere, so far too early even for our resident Dr Doom to be wetting the bed over lack of snow down south wink

Good luck to all down there for the season ahead. I keep an eye on conditions after such happy memories of mine and Mrs MA's 2019 NZ ski trip. Where did those 5 years go?! Shocked
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Spending a weeks wages on kerosene today Very Happy

snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Got up to a spot called bad decision hut for lunch. Highest whiskey bar in Nz. The local whiskey shop takes annual orders and flys them up there at start of winter. 2100m ASL.

I climbed to there last year from the valley in the second pic. Much nicer flying in Very Happy

Had a good day. Still a bit bony and early season but plenty of fun to be had.

ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
hang11 wrote:
Got up to a spot called bad decision hut ...
Laughing Great name.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Making me envious Mr. Green
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes..I know Australia is not New Zealand but I couldn't fin an Australia thread.

Todays Guardian (unusual source!)

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/article/2024/jul/20/magical-wintry-scenes-snow-just-keeps-coming-at-australian-ski-resorts

BIG snowfall in Australia, and a load more to come
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Low tide on the other side of the Tasman still
snow report
Aussie (white) gold.

Rare to see the Australia weathermap all blue.

http://youtube.com/v/4HJudLv590A
ski holidays
It's not uncommon for central parts of AUS (Alice Springs) to be around 0 degrees C at night, only to reach 30oC by lunchtime.

You need about 4 sets of clothing for a 24hr cycle.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy