Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les arcs - snack bars

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Last year we went to Les arcs / La Plagne and really struggled to find restaurants which didn’t charge a fortune - we ended opting for snack bars - we found a few. Feeding a family of four it soon mounts up!

Would love to hear your recommendations for cheap eats at lunch.. covered terraces are an absolute bonus!

Indoor picnic areas would be also great! But I think I gather there aren’t many of these.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Feeding a family of four it soon mounts up!

Yes it does. We found the best bet was to have an apartment near the slopes and to stock up with basics such as cheese, ham, butter, soup (French soups in cartons are very good) and fruit and salad. If you have room, take some favourites from home, too - baked beans, for example. All French supermarkets sell lots of things like pizzas.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Elsie80, Snackbars can really be good vaue for money, but it depends on what you eat. The least expensive I found was in a street under the snow front in Vallandry - 5€ for a plate of chips eaten indoors. Rocky Mountain in Arc1600 has a burger chips and beer for about 18€. The burger alone is massive and is more than I can eat for lunch.

As usual the plat du jour is excellent value; we like the Hotel Vanoise, but it does look a bit posh. However the Plat du Jour comes in at about 17€ so the lunch bill for my family of me, wife and son was 51€. I had lunch at a cafe in Arc2000. The fish and chips cost 17€. I've had worse for more in a pub in England. My wife and son had plat du jours at 15€ each

If you don't want to eat in the resort but somewhere with a view then the shack at the top of Combe in Vallandry has good food at a reasnoble price.

The trick is, of course just order your meal and drink the tap water.The price shoots up as soon as someone want gas in the water, alcohol or a coffee afterwards.

The only indoor pichnic place I can think of is at the top of the Vallandry telecabine.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
PIZZ'attitude and La Popote at the bottom of the Transarc in 1800 were both good. The pizza place also did a very reasonable bottle of Rosé for about €12.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
johnE wrote:
The only indoor pichnic place I can think of is at the top of the Vallandry telecabine.
There’s also one in Arc 1950, in the building next to the bottom station of the Marmotte chairlift. Compared to the luxury of the picnic room in the Vallandry lift, it’s basic but perfectly functional.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy