Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

simply-chalets.co.uk

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone heard of / used simply-chalets.co.uk? We're ooking for a 2 to 3 week rental in Flaine next year and they ssem to have good prices. Domain lookup at nominet suggests they'vebeen around for a good few years, but if anyone has any feedback (or suggestions as to where else we might look to find an apartment!) it would be appreciated
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just had a quick look and they seem to be an advertising site only, they just charge properties a fixed annual fee to be listed on their site.

So simply another middle-man to be avoided, as far as I can tell.

As ever with any agency or booking site, look for the property independently and see what price they can offer if you go direct with them. They may very well put their best prices on that site, as it's just a pass-through taking no commission, but personally I'd always prefer to go direct and see if they can do a better deal.

It's what I expect our clients to do, but I'm constantly amazed by the number who still seem happy to pay the higher prices (due to commission) on booking.com and airbnb.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Chaletbeauroc, yeah, was always amazed when esp. repeat clients booked through e.g. AirBnB "cos it's safer" ...

Me, "but, but you've been coming here for 5 years and you know where we live!??"
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Definitely been around for a while, I may even have advertised our apartment on there in the past.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
as well as our own website, we use a French site called cybevasion to advertise, very cheap to do so, and they don't charge any commission, price is the same on there as on our website, no added fees for either guest or owner. I think it costs less than 50€ or so to advertise for a year, and 80€ for 2 years. A lot of French people use it. I don't remember simply chalets being expensive, but when I checked the advertise page, there was no pricing available, but as far as I remember, enquiries came to us directly to deal with.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Hells Bells, 50 quid a year https://www.simply-chalets.co.uk/chalet-advertising.html
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Chaletbeauroc, cheers, page was blank when I opened it . I had an email archive search and only ever had one enquiry from them in 2012.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thanks all . Will try that other site as well cheers

and yes, if I knew how to find direct contact details I would be in touch with the owners. Anyone got a nice place in Flaine?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A google image search on a property is worthwhile when looking at any chalet booking site. Helps weed out the scammers.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy