Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ryanair new route.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
From November, Ryanair are reportedly operating a new route. Manchester - Memmingen, some 70mls west of Munich. Looks convenient for western Tyrol resorts.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've used Memmingen several times, works well for Tyrol.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looks like one of those airports that works well on a good day. It’s at 2000 feet, only a basic ILS and parking for 6 x 737 sized aircraft.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ex German Air Force base. Does get really cold.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Town also has a train station. Works well for German or northern Tyrol resorts.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:
Same here - we've used it for ski areas west of Öetztal, including Bregenzerwald and the Arlberg. Great little airport, with easy car hire pick up and return directly opposite the terminal. And reasonably priced accommodation in nice towns near the airport for early departures/late arrivals.

It appears the MAN flights may be only weekly?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It was great when they used to fly to Friedrichshaven.
(Ryanair not the Zeplins)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:
Same here - we've used it for ski areas west of Öetztal, including Bregenzerwald and the Arlberg. Great little airport, with easy car hire pick up and return directly opposite the terminal. And reasonably priced accommodation in nice towns near the airport for early departures/late arrivals.

It appears the MAN flights may be only weekly?

Yes, apparently Saturdays.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If the price and timing is right (compared with flights to Munich or Salzburg) it can also work for the Salzburgerland or eastern Tyrol resorts. E.g just over 4 hours by relaxing train from Memmingen to Zell am See, under 4 hours by train to Kitzbühel, or 3 1/2 hours to Brixen im Thale.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Watching this thread. A question for those who have driven. Are winter tyres sufficient? Or are chains also needed?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Winter Tyres were ok for me to get to Ischgl,Damuels, and SFL, roads are pretty well looked after.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
over several decades of driving the Winter Alps I would say that 99 out of a 100 Winter tyres are the optimal choice, giving excellent grip on ice and snow pack.
However, in blizzard conditions chains could well be needed. Only on a couple of occasions have I needed to supplement the tyres with chains: over Les Rousses and a return to St Anton from Zurs on the Arlberg.
Bear in mind though that fitting chains in poor light and bitter cold is not so simple, as I recall. Also, in bad weather, on some roads snow chains are obligatory.
Probably best to check weather forecasts for severe weather before departure. Maybe, rent some chains as back up.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Many thanks for information. Utterly freaked out about trying to fit snow chains. That fear means I dont rent cars Eh oh!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@ado, they can be fiddly, but it's not too bad. YouTube videos will show you what you need to do!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy