Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Famille vs Family Ski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We have skied with Esprit the last two years at La Rosiere with our 3 and 6 year old.

Sadly Esprit are no longer so we need to find a new ski company for March 2025 that has chaperones and child care. I’ve found two companies that look decent and with chalets in similar price ranges; ski Famille (Reberty, Chalet Chamois) and Family Ski (Ardent, Chalet le Ferme).

Anyone got any comments- good, bad and ugly on either company or chalets and which might be the better resort for young kids, Ardent or Reberty? Nightlife not an issue as we’ll be flat out after a days skiing and manhandling overtired kids into bed!

TIA!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Jenzee, I've seen the Reberty setup - that chalet is in a great location. The ski school meets right outside on the slope, there's a beginner/nursery area at the same place, and the main run goes straight down to the Bruyeres gondola, so immediately after dropping the kids, you're on your way skiing.

I stayed in some apartments just above it at Easter this year, and we saw the Ski Famille "nannies" out in force each morning, carefully shepherding sugar-crazed children and chaotic parents into the right zones.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We stayed with Ski Famille a couple of christmasses ago in Chalet Aigle and it was excellent. I think the Reberty chalets are probably in a slightly better location for ski school - for us it was a bit of a trek up lots of steps for ski school until we agreed a different meeting point on the side of the slope.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks both, sounds like Reberty and Ski Famille are the way forward! And the chaotic parents and crazy kids sounds pretty accurate Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Jenzee, we stayed in Ardent with Famiky Ski about ten years ago, in the chalet next to La Ferme (La Grange, looks like they no longer have it). Ardent is very small and quiet, one or maybe two bars, ski hire and not much else. The gondola up into the Lindaret bowl is just across the road so it's a really convenient location, as long as you're OK taking a lift up in the morning. Family Ski were excellent, comparable offering to Ski Famille from what we could see (although the Family Ski nannies always seemed a bit cheerier, to us - maybe we were biased Laughing ).

Family Ski also have chalets in Reberty, and I'd say on balance I prefer Reberty to Ardent (I like the ski area better, and La Ferme - the restaurant at the side of the slope - is excellent). One thing to be aware of is that the kids ski school meeting place is not the same as the adults (which is down the piste, in Les Menuires). The ski down is short and not difficult, but could be intimidating for a nervous 1-2 week skier.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks! Good to hear someone who has been to both places. Ardent are the lowest priced offering that Family Ski can offer, their Reberty chalets are more expensive than Ski Famille so that might just sway it in their favour to go with them.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy