Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Levi vs soldeu for beginners family

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone looking to book our first ski holiday next feb/March. 2 kids age 10 and 12 beginners and 2 adult beginners can't decide would levi or soldeu be better?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snow is better / more reliable in Levi, so Levi.
Probably a noticeable difference in price I would have thought.

Personally I would have chosen one of the small higher Austrian resorts, such as Galtur, Khutai, Zauchensee mainly because of the hotel accommodations and proximity to slopes. But, I'm sure the majority on here would promote France.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
https://www.levi.fi/en/ski/cameras/

Looks good today with more snow falling
https://www.levi.fi/en/ski/cameras/
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We went to Soldeu when my partner was a total beginner. She really enjoyed it (as did I) - good ski school lessons, some nice easy runs and very friendly.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Levi probably darker and colder.
Tuition probably good at both (my daughters both learned at Soldeu/ET).
Grandvalira works to make snow at peak times which should be fine for beginners.
I haven’t been recently but we know of southern Europe struggling with natural snow in the last few years.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Beginner24, Levi. Finland is an awesome place to learn to ski, and is quite a different experience to the Alps in terms of landscape and snow depths. I learnt in another, smaller resort in Finland, and the instructors were very good and all spoke excellent English.

Cold/dark is a problem in December and January, but by Feb/March should be less noticeable.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Beginner24, Soldeu every time for me. Perfect for beginners. Great snow record with fantastic snow making. Lots of beginner friendly slopes to explore. The tuition is great, with a large amount of British instructors (as well as English speaking instructors). And the weather has a good chance of being good - I believe Soldeu translates to 'sun god'.

I think Levi is no doubt also a great place but things like the weather can play a key part on your first trip - cold and dark is less fun than sunny! (obviously nothing guaranteed!).

I learned to ski in Soldeu and it gave me the ski bug! By the end of the week it felt like we could ski a large chunk of the mountain due to the higher % of easier runs, whereas in the Alps (for example) we would have been limited to a handful of slopes.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Key question is, who has been to both. But so far it sounds like either will work for you.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Orange200, yes great question!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:
Levi probably darker and colder.
I know that the subject is Finland, but in terms of that general neck of the woods, Northern Sweden was quite a bit lighter than Northern England for a late Feb/early March visit a few years back.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Would definitely recommend Levi.
Snowsure with plenty to do when you need a break from skiing. Slopes are all well lit so less likely to be impacted if weather does close in. Yes it can get cold but was warmer in January that Tignes was lat week.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy