Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne Centre - Manaka

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have any SH’s stayed at Residence Manaka in La Plagne Centre? Any info welcome. This place is new since I was last there and I’m planning a group trip with varying abilities. To keep a happy ship I’m trying to cater most for those with the biggest needs. Two of the group are very anti walking in boots whilst carrying skis (fair enough I suppose) and I’m wondering how easy it is to walk from Manaka to the bottom of Colorado Ski School Meeting Point?
The rest of us will happily just ski down Lavatiere or Jean Marie to Melezes lift but for these two that may be asking too much as they are very nervous, relative beginners.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They will probably be hiring skis and some lessons with Oxygène so I’m hoping they can locker kit start and end of day there which will solve that issue. Waiting to hear back from Oxygène
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looks to be around 400m walk from Manaka to front de neige. Only you or they can say if that is too far!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I see that from mapping but it’s difficult to assess ease of walk and gradient. Like I said my recollection is dated as I was last in Plagne Centre in 2011, google images only tell so much and they outdated. Personally I’d skip it, run it, walk it backwards without a care in the world but I’m trying to keep a whole group happy and some are less easy to please than others.
Time spent in reconnaissance is seldom wasted.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jirac18, Manakin is not really in Plagne Centre. It is half way up the road from Plagne Centre to Aime 2000 and on the piste down to Plagne 1800. Your non walking friends are not going to like the walk down the road and along to the ski ski school meet point. Not at all.
As you say, skiing there is possible, but the blue slope down to Melezes might easily cause anxiety to the nervous.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Jonpim, I suspected as much. I’m close to telling them figure out their own gig as they’re honestly looking for a unicorn with no compromise. I’ve organised a lot of DIY trips over the years but it’s getting harder.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jirac18, if they are with Oxygene, they will usually provide a pick-up bus.
Otherwise, after discussion here, we would advise look elsewhere.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Actually, we hope you do go to Manaka, so you can tell us what it's like. Only opened this season.
Otherwise look at Clubmed by Aime 2000.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Jonpim, yes I just saw on their website they offer that so I’m waiting on a response from an email to get a bit of meat on the bone. That could prove a winner. We used Oxygène back in 2011 for my kids and wife’s lessons they were excellent so I’m hoping they’ll come up trumps. I’ve got an eye on two large chalet apartments in Belle Plagne also which tbh would be my preference.
Appreciate your insight.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I’ve just had a week there. Lovely building and apartments. Great spa (sauna, hot tub etc) and a bar that seemed a bit quiet. 10 minutes walk from Plagne centre up a fairly gentle hill. Ski in ski out but if meeting for lessons with oxygen that would be a pain to ski to (down to Melzes and up that and then Bergerie or Boulevard). If meeting before 9.30 I’d say it would mean a walk.

The slope outside was ok in the morning but horrible after 12ish. It was warm and got very slushy. It’s also a red though not that steep for the most part so depending on ski ability it was pretty interesting by the end of the day. Again to even get to that slope to come home seemed to mean a trip up Becoin and then down one of two blues that again were really chopped up from early afternoon. But we had warm weather and a lot of sun..

So, in short, cracking modern place, good ski lockers and change room, good location if you can cope with a short walk. If you want to ski to Plagne centre for lessons I’d be hoping for a 9:30 start.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Warnergb7, thanks
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy