Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thoughts on Clew Step In FREEDOM 1.0 Bindings..

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi. Anyone here have any thoughts on these? I’m thinkin to buy them.. growing tired of bending over and putting my bindings together.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Here's the link (if allowed here):
https://clew-snowboarding.com/en-cz/products/clew®-freedom-1-0-2024-25
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Watch the Angry Snowboarder review then go and buy the Nidecker ones (or the Burton ones).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As a more detailed reply, there should be red flags everywhere for this.

It's a prototype binding that's gone straight to production.

Literally the only reviews for months were paid for, influencer led reviews (to the point that you posting this makes me question whether you've been paid by them to).

They seem to shy away from open, impartial reviews that none of the major brands do.

I'd be very very wary having seen them up close. They look cheap and nasty but are very expensive.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
good info. thx
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
paulhinch wrote:
As a more detailed reply, there should be red flags everywhere for this.

It's a prototype binding that's gone straight to production.

Literally the only reviews for months were paid for, influencer led reviews (to the point that you posting this makes me question whether you've been paid by them to).

They seem to shy away from open, impartial reviews that none of the major brands do.

I'd be very very wary having seen them up close. They look cheap and nasty but are very expensive.

defo not paid by them lol i’m just sick and tired of bending over to do my bindings. that’s all
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Get the Nidecker ones in that case. I've got Step Ons for the same reasons but I'd probably do Nidecker now just for boot choices.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Also, all these systems really are game changers in terms of enjoyment if you've a bad back or anything. I'd struggle to be persuaded back to straps.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
i wonder if you can hire any of these set ups out in the alps?

am going to VT at easter, my youngest will be swapping between skis and (rental) board that week, she has her own boots.

i used to board 20 odd years ago, and i had one of the original type of step in bindings, with the metal cleat under the boot, it sounded like i was tap dancing whilst walking down the street Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

i fancy giving it a go again with my daughter, but i really cannot be arsed to getting up and down strapping up the bindings
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I’ve not tried the Clew bindings.
My opinion is they look weird.

I’m 2 seasons in on the Nidecker Supermatic and absolutely love them.
This season I have around 45 days riding with them and think they are awesome.

They are heavier than a conventional binding however I have come from using Flow bindings so use to the weight.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
terrygasson wrote:
i wonder if you can hire any of these set ups out in the alps?

am going to VT at easter, my youngest will be swapping between skis and (rental) board that week, she has her own boots.

i used to board 20 odd years ago, and i had one of the original type of step in bindings, with the metal cleat under the boot, it sounded like i was tap dancing whilst walking down the street Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

i fancy giving it a go again with my daughter, but i really cannot be arsed to getting up and down strapping up the bindings

I'd be amazed if they do as the Nidecker ones are pretty high end compared to the usual rental sort of setup.

You might find one of the shops has stock they want to shift at Easter though that you might be able to demo for a few hours.

I don't know VT but there'll be decent local boardshops there for sure.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I’m currently in the 3V and have probably only seen five or six pairs of the Nidecker in the last two months.

Maybe two or three Clew and loads of burton step ins.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Maybe a email to Nidecker. Tell them where you will be in Easter and see if they have a dealer that can demo for you.

Personally. Just buy a pair. You will love them, and if you don’t, sell them on.

All of my mates use the flow binding.
They have all said they will upgrade to the Nidecker.
(Same company by the way)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Some places are renting the Burton step-on systems. ZeroG in Chamonix for sure and I think at least one place in Tignes.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy