Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to keep your sandwiches when you go skiing.

Poster: A snowHead
If you rely on taking sandwiches with you when you go out skiing there's the question of where to put them. If you have a backpack you can put them there, although sitting on a chairlift might cause them to get a bit squashed.

One female skier in Colorado came up with the unconventional solution of taping the sandwiches to the top of her ski helmet. Shocked Laughing

I must admit that shows a nice bit of lateral thinking, the sandwiches will be kept fresh and unsquished (unless she has a fall, in which case the sandwiches provide some extra cushioning Madeye-Smiley )

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Brilliant! All sorts of things could be taped to the top of a helmet which is very unlikely to suffer a direct hit.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Superb!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tried it. Sandwich good, but how do you get Shippams meat paste off of a GoPro?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Richard_Sideways, Laughing Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yeah but that safety bar could scrape it off if she's tall... Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You're supposed to take your backpack off when on a chair lift. So no squish Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

but that safety bar could scrape it off if she's tall...

and deposit on the lap of the next rider
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Her friends are giggling like hell at lunchtime when she’s looking around saying “anyone seen my sandwiches?”
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
It's a very sad and inevitable consequence of people criticising others for skiing with a back pack.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Not sure if shes using her loaf or is a sandwich short of a picnic.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Gored, very good. Laughing
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
In the hood of your jacket, assuming the hood is not up.
..Nick
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It’s all baloney to me
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hats off to her!
ski holidays
Is she 2 slices short of a sandwich?
snow report
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Tried it. Sandwich good, but how do you get Shippams meat paste off of a GoPro?

Do you also ski off of piste? Puzzled Toofy Grin
snow report
Alastair Pink wrote:
If you rely on taking sandwiches with you when you go out skiing there's the question of where to put them. If you have a backpack you can put them there, although sitting on a chairlift might cause them to get a bit squashed.

One female skier in Colorado came up with the unconventional solution of taping the sandwiches to the top of her ski helmet. Shocked Laughing

I must admit that shows a nice bit of lateral thinking, the sandwiches will be kept fresh and unsquished (unless she has a fall, in which case the sandwiches provide some extra cushioning Madeye-Smiley )

I can't help thinking that the structural integrity of a sandwich taped to a helmet would be improved by using a baguette rather than sliced bread.
snow report
@hammerite, yeah, but then you'd look like a Dalek. Particularly if you team it with one of those ESF instructor long overcoats...
ski holidays
Richard_Sideways wrote:
@hammerite, yeah, but then you'd look like a Dalek. Particularly if you team it with one of those ESF instructor long overcoats...

Or you'd look like you've visited a seaside town and bought a novelty hat popular in the late 80s.
latest report
A full size baguette would negate the need for a pole click. Just prod them from a safe distance to alert them that you are coming through.
snow conditions
@dode, Aerodynamic forward to back baguette, or a stabilising sideways on?
snow conditions
@hammerite, depends whether you're a field marshal or an admiral doesn't it?
snow report
@Richard_Sideways, I know which way you'd wear yours.
snow conditions
Alastair Pink wrote:

Shouldn't this be in the latest helmet thread? Toofy Grin
snow report
Don’t try in Norway. Herring gull attacks…
snow conditions
Orange200 wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing

On a slightly more serious/information note, do Herring gulls stay around in the north countries in winter?
snow conditions
Orange200 wrote:

tying in nicely to Tim Warwoods classic "Riding switch is like writing left-handed while wearing a chip hat and being attacked by seagulls" quote... Maybe the sandwich helmet is a training aide after all.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
abc wrote:
Orange200 wrote:

On a slightly more serious/information note, do Herring gulls stay around in the north countries in winter?

Well the photo is above and you’re a scientist, we’re still only in March. This is your hypothesis should you choose to accept it!
snow report
snow report
Orange200 wrote:
abc wrote:
Orange200 wrote:

Well the photo is above and you’re a scientist, we’re still only in March. This is your hypothesis should you choose to accept it!

Well as the original photo was taken in Colorado which is quite some distance from the sea I doubt that the skier whose idea it was would have been bothered by herring gulls; that's not to say that other locations e.g. Norway or Scotland would necessarily be herring gull free zones. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
International Women's day and making a sandwich....... there must be a link. Smile
snow report
Looks fake.
snow conditions
Don’t we have members in or near Whistler? Might work…
ski holidays
Herring Gulls pah! Anyone who has been to Whistler will have seen the signs warning about the Whiskey Jacks that steal food off the plates. I've seen one make off with a kid's burger when the boy came out of the cafeteria, put his tray down and momentarily looked away. These birds are also known as "Camp Robber Jays" for the same reason.
latest report
Orange200 wrote:
Well the photo is above

Huh? What photo? I don’t see any gulls

Quote:
and you’re a scientist

Yes, I’m a scientist. So I ask for evidence.
ski holidays
quinton wrote:
Herring Gulls pah! Anyone who has been to Whistler will have seen the signs warning about the Whiskey Jacks that steal food off the plates. I've seen one make off with a kid's burger when the boy came out of the cafeteria, put his tray down and momentarily looked away. These birds are also known as "Camp Robber Jays" for the same reason.

Seen that in Whistler. They actually take the food off people’s hands!

I was stuck at the lift line at 7-Haven for a good 20 minutes once. Watching Whiskey Jacks diving for people’s sandwiches was entertaining. But it deterred me from taking my own out of my pack. (ok, I admit I was more distracted rather than deterred) Embarassed
snow report
But if you fixed it to your helmet with a 6” nail, then it could provide uplift (or down lift.. depending on how you layered your baloney) just by the act of spinning. Win,win
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy