Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Aosta Lift Pass

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm not new, just forgot my old login!

I'm travelling to Aosta for 4 nights on the 7th March.

There is probably enough to do in the neibouring resorts, but what if I wanted to ski from Cervinia to Zermat orLa Thulie to La Rosiere?

4 Day Aosta lift pass in not international, and the minimum international lift pass is 6 days.

Can you just add the international bit at a lift office on the day?

Thanks in advance
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Which resorts are you planning to ski as usually its cheaper to buy 4 day individual passes than buy the Aosta Valley 4 day pass. I'm sure whne I priced it, it was only cheaper if you skied at the most expensive resorts for all the days.

La Ros is standard in your La Thuile pass (well its an Espace Bernardo pass) only Zermatt is extra / "International", so on your Cervinia day just decide whether to pay for International (and check the links are open) or stick to Cervinia / Val Tournenche

or if only 1 "away day" A 4 day pass at say Pila gives you one of those 4 days elsewhere in Aosta Valley. e.g La Thuile.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the info.

We are looking at Pila, Courmayeur, La Thuile, Cervinia. The plan was to ski in to France and Switerland...just because.

I guess we can have a chat with people at the lift office or buy daily passes, I'd always assumed there would be a saving there. Just seems it's more convenient.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just to warn you that the Aosta - Pila lift was closed this morning due to "technical issues". Opened later, but not sure when exactly as I drove to Courmayeur, where the Courmayeur Funivie was also closed due to "technical issues". Dolonne was open though but free carpark was almost completely full.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I drove up to Pila yesterday morning and the lift started around 10:30
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dave.m wrote:
I'm not new, just forgot my old login!

I'm travelling to Aosta for 4 nights on the 7th March.

There is probably enough to do in the neibouring resorts, but what if I wanted to ski from Cervinia to Zermat orLa Thulie to La Rosiere?

4 Day Aosta lift pass in not international, and the minimum international lift pass is 6 days.

Can you just add the international bit at a lift office on the day?

Thanks in advance

We did exactly this a few weeks back - skied 1 day Pila, 1 day La Thuile/La Rosiere, 1 day Valtournenche/Cervinia (didn't cross into Zermatt - stayed on the Italian side).

Used the Aosta valley skilife app to order 1 day pass for Pila. Collected card from vending machine in Aosta.

Then added day pass for La Thuile/La Rosiere, and then another day pass for Cervinia.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mike Pow wrote:
I drove up to Pila yesterday morning and the lift started around 10:30

I think I left at 10.20 Laughing

How were the conditions? Any new snow as forecast during the day?

Either way, think I'll be heading there today and La Thuile tomorrow. Can't risk heading to Gressoney and then getting stuck with a flight home on Friday.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We went to Pila on day 1 until the weather closed in. Not a bad few hours to find my skiing legs.

Day 2, cloud everywhere. So a look on webcams had us drive through Mont Blanc tunnel to Chamonix (brevant) Speeding ticket aside a bit of sun before flat light. Wouldn’t be in a hurry to go back there. Lots of queues and challenging skiing.

Day 3. Sitting in airbnb watching the rain. Not sure what we will do. Pila has had some snow but not that much. Still cloudy though.

Fingers crossed some sun tomorrow.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Despite moaning went up to Pila and had one of my best days skiing ever. Loads of powder and no one about. Even the sun came out!!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Was up there too today. Deep fresh stuff on piste and it snowed most of the day
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Was told the lift to Aosta runs until 11. Was still in the Yeti bar at 5:30. Lift shut at 5. Thankfully a very generous Spanish guy gave us a lift down.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Might have run late yesterday (for a charity / IWD event) but normally closes by 5. Glad you didn’t get stranded @dave.m,
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
For the last day we went to La Thulie. The 2 day pass we bought in Pila to avoid lift queues on our final day.....welll, we bought a 2 day Pila pass and had to buy another Ski pass in La Thulie.

Expensive lesson, but a great days skiing.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy