Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crystal Ski Carriage

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Travelling with Crystal on Saturday and just noticed that they charge ski carriage per set of skis not per bag as per below extract from their website.

It's sold per set of skis or snowboard (not per bag) – one set of skis or one snowboard in one bag costs £50 and the maximum weight is 15kg. To take two sets of skis or two snowboards in one bag, you must buy two lots of ski or snowboard carriage at £50 each and the total maximum weight is 23kg.

My wife and my skis both fit into one bag and weigh under the 15kg limit so basically I was just wondering if anyone had experience of them actually checking ski bags at the airport to see how many sets of skis were in the bag? Seems like its worth a gamble unless anyone suggests otherwise?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have never had my bag checked - they weight it at check-in desk and then your take it to 'oversize'
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They never check how many skis or whatever are in the bag, but they do weigh it. The weight allowance is pooled across the whole group booking too.Well worth the gamble.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
But if it all goes wrong, and your bag goes missing, you'll only be covered for 1 set of skis if that's all you've paid for.

That's the gamble you're actually taking.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Think this should be a 'stickie' question by now Very Happy
The 'one set or board per carriage' payment seems to be so that, in the event of the bag being delayed or lost, they will only pay out for one set or one board. That is the risk you run.
Otherwise, I don't think that they ever check. Frankly, I'm sure that they know, and don't really care.
At Manchester this January, with the auto bag drop, and at the return airport, one of our 'ski' bags was 17.8 kg (board + heavy bindings, skis, jackets and a load of other stuff), the other about 16kg (another board + heavy bindings and a load of other heavy stuff which had to go). They didn't even record or question the weight. (We had 25kg for each hold bag, and the total for all 4 bags was under 25+25+15+15, so we were prepared to argue, but never had to.)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cheers for all the replies fowks and apoligises if I missed an ealier post on the same topic.

Sounds like it will be worth the gamble.

Thanks again
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Crystal have been doing this for at least 20 years now so it’s not anything new, so long as the bag is within the weight allowance it won’t be checked. And as others have said it’s more to do with how much liability Crystal will take for delays/loss of bag.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy