Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Velcro secured tongue keeps coming off

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi. Got a pair of Nordica Speedmachine 130S boots. About 20 days use so far. One of the tongues keeps coming off when putting it on, the velco just doesn’t hold it firmly. The other one seems fine. Really like the boots but this is a pain in the back bottom, having to take the liner put to reattach the thing frequently.

Any solution? Stitch it in or glue the velcro with something?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Tiredoldskibum, try brushing the ‘loop’ side with a very stiff or brass brush. It’s ‘hook and loop’ and the ‘loop’ side can get flattened or contaminated with lint and fluff
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
valais2 wrote:
@Tiredoldskibum, try brushing the ‘loop’ side with a very stiff or brass brush. It’s ‘hook and loop’ and the ‘loop’ side can get flattened or contaminated with lint and fluff

Cheers. Will try that
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Good idea to clean the hook side of velcro, they gradually accumulate anything that'll stick to them.

I've used a "hairstylist" comb, one that has a long smooth metal point for a handle, ordinarily used for lifting hair strand to style etc, pushed in close to base of hooks, then gently lift out any hair and fluff accumulate.

It's just like a shiny nail in dimensions, but quite safe and effective in this role. A big darning needle will do similar too.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
p@Tiredoldskibum, how hard you pulling the tongue (shouldn't be too hard) (and are you pulling straight on (should be pulling to the side))?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
under a new name wrote:
p@Tiredoldskibum, how hard you pulling the tongue (shouldn't be too hard) (and are you pulling straight on (should be pulling to the side))?

That's what I do after seeing it on another SH thread. Didn't take much traction to pull the tongue out though
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cleaned it up, didn't seem to make much difference so I've sewed the front of the velcro strips together. See how that works, can always unpick them

ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy