Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I am suing because my poles have sharp tips...

Poster: A snowHead
https://www.bicycleretailer.com/industry-news/2024/02/05/man-sues-shimano-trek-after-brake-lever-impales-thigh

really?

I fell in Thetford Forest singletrack this summer and hit the ground hard. I did indeed had a large lump on my knee.
I am considering suing Forestry England for failing to rake the trails and having ground which is too hard baked.

I fell at Vercorin at Christmas and my pole left a mark on my trousers. The designers of the poles should have realised that the tungsten pointy ends are pointy and made out of a hard material.
I am considering suing the manufacturers...

Madness.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I trust his body will be suing his brain for losing its balance.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ster, precisely
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
My OH stabbed himself in the calf muscle with a pole at Gloucester dry slope, decades ago. Had quite a nasty puncture wound. We missed a trick, not suing.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
"when he applied his brakes to avoid hitting another bike's back wheel. He lost his balance and fell on his right side"

Looks like he wasn't looking where he was going and lost it Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Should have sued them for not fitting anti-lock brakes...

Mind you, I don't know the "V" lever in question, but motorcycle levers have to have a knobble on the end for just this reason; MOT failure if (and often the case) broken off.
Without seeing a photo of said bicycle level, maybe he has a (literal) point?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
"metallic with a thin end"

sounds like he crashed before and snapped it, to make the lever that has a rounded end by design "thin and sharp"

normally it's the handlebar end that impales after the end plug is lost or broken due to misuse / abuse
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@andy, ah..the end plug issue....we constantly tell the Horrible Story to kids in the pump track who lack one or two end plugs.

Horrible Story

Friend had jump bike.
No end plug.
Went down and onto end of bar.
The bar took a perfectly round piece of flesh a centimetre thick from his side.
Had a perfectly round 24mm hole in his body.
It bled.
A lot.
A&E asked where the piece of body was.
Still in the end of the bar.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Grizzler, ...here you go...probably the one, rather than XT or XTR.

https://www.wiggle.com/p/shimano-deore-t610-v-brake-lever-set?color=black&sizeStandard=One+Size&utm_source=google&utm_term=&utm_campaign=WGL_UK_GGL_PMX_SMA_MAN_CYC_ALL_NA_NA_NA_TIER1B_NA_NA_Endgame_Newstructure&utm_medium=base&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIs9mtxPzJhAMVL45QBh1UqgxyEAQYASABEgKy1fD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
He was clearly the uphill cyclist and should be adjusting his speed to account for any move the downhill cyclist might make. Though @Pyramus may disagree.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
He was swerving all over the road, I had to swerve several times before I hit him.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@valais2, he'd have had to have landed at a very odd angle to get that into him Puzzled Puzzled
Not exactly much of a thin end...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I raced cycles for 10 years in my teens/twenties, if you had no plug in the end of the handlebars they were known as apple corers. Shock
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Was he wearing a helmet?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Hurdy, …don’t start all that up again…
snow report
@king key, …indeed…
snow conditions
195062 wrote:
He was clearly the uphill cyclist and should be adjusting his speed to account for any move the downhill cyclist might make. Though @Pyramus may disagree.

Depends. If he was clicking his pedals then that would give him right of way, no?
snow report
Wasn’t there a case of a novice MTB rider taking a course at Surrey Hills who sued the instructor? The rider was fairly incompetent, and repeatedly ignored the instructor until he finally seriously injured himself, then successfully sued for damages.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 28-02-24 11:02; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@PowderAdict, yes….with some surprising elements to it. ‘12 years mountain biking experience but not used to rough ground’ and ‘a novice course’. All very odd.

https://www.mbr.co.uk/news/mtb-instructor-sued-for-4million-by-paralysed-client-351891

Very sad that he is paralysed. But there are loads of strange elements to this story.

I have had interesting experiences whilst being guided; I have indeed been pushed to do things which I felt nervous about, including one memorable cliff drop. But I know that I could have said ‘nope’ to not doing things, and that would have been respected by the guide. I watched the guide drop; I watched the Grom drop; I thought, OK…yep it’s do-able…and did it. It felt like it was my decision and my decision only.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy