Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Free GoPro Action Camera

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I dropped my "GoPro Hero 10 Black" action camera from the Fyes ski lift in Morzine on Friday 23rd February 2024. It was very close to the bottom of the ski lift, shortly after getting on.

Map location: https://maps.app.goo.gl/5YiTyhw8bnpLK4cs5?g_st=iw

By the time I realised, I didn't have time to go back and look for it before my flight home to London.

This high performance action camera was well looked after before being dropped and is quite hardy so is unlikely to be badly damaged from the fall.

Anyone lucky enough to find the camera is very welcome to keep it for themselves.

There are several videos of my holiday recorded on the camera and I would be extremely grateful if these could be uploaded and sent back to me via email if anyone is able to.

Please share with anyone who might be interested.

Many thanks,
Andy
andygman8@gmail.com

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 25-02-24 17:48; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@andygittos, blimey that's a nice model of GPro.

I walk the lift lines as the snow melts.
So do the pisteurs.
They get there before me.

They get:

Cash
Go pros (many)
Carabiners (mine)
Phones
Lift passes
Goggles

I get:

Old lip salve
Broken crap

Sigh
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@andygittos, do contact the lift company if you know the exact location...they can be mighty helpful

In the mayhem of relaxed end of season laps at Vercorin we left some important stuff in a gondola and the pisteurs were just so helpful in getting it back to us.
It's a REALLY boring job and things like this liven up their days....
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
valais2 wrote:
@andygittos, blimey that's a nice model of GPro.

I walk the lift lines as the snow melts.

I used to metal detect under the cable runs, you can find a lot of cash, the only issue in France is you need a license from the prefecture to metal detect.

Like the OP I dropped my wallet, or it fell out of my coat. I skied down the line with my son keeping a close eye out and found it ! Phew !
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy