Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Goggle Recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Really struggled in bad light this year and I think it might be time to change the goggles.

I'm looking for something mid range in price with magnetic lens changing or photochromic lenses.

Something around a medium fit but I wear glasses so needs to work otg.

I'd be really grateful for any recommendations.

Thanks in advance Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHeads @joneill snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I always had problems with fogging when I used glasses with goggles, my father swore by a helmet with a visor whereas I swear by contact lenses.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've never really had fogging issues, been skiing with glasses under goggles for the best part of 20 years. I don't want a visor as I don't think you get the same protection from bad weather. Feel like contacts work really well for anlot of folks but are definitely not for me.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
love my smith io mags. got them cheap on sale at sportpursuit thou, they're pretty expensive if not on sale.

lenses:

https://www.sportrx.com/blog/smith-chromapop-goggle-lens-guide/#

pretty much just ski everything in the everyday green. yellow storm for completely flat/ snowy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have Bolle z5 otg with phantom+ lens cat 1-3. Highly recommend but can't see them available anywhere. On Ebay a trader cksportslimited has 2 Bolle OTG for sale both with modulator fire red 1 to 3 lens. These aren't the Phantom technology but both seem good at £85.
search
Bolle Supreme OTG 21790 Dark Grey & Red Fire Red Lens S1-S3 Ski Goggles
Bolle Z5 OTG 21787 Matte Black Grey S1-S3 Ski Goggles

If you look at the SKU 21790 on Bolle website says that the Supreme is a Phantom lens which is even better if true and would make it a steal
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Parf wrote:
I have Bolle z5 otg with phantom+ lens cat 1-3. Highly recommend but can't see them available anywhere. On Ebay a trader cksportslimited has 2 Bolle OTG for sale both with modulator fire red 1 to 3 lens. These aren't the Phantom technology but both seem good at £85.
search
Bolle Supreme OTG 21790 Dark Grey & Red Fire Red Lens S1-S3 Ski Goggles
Bolle Z5 OTG 21787 Matte Black Grey S1-S3 Ski Goggles

If you look at the SKU 21790 on Bolle website says that the Supreme is a Phantom lens which is even better if true and would make it a steal

This is really helpful I'll definitely check it out, thanks Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You could ask them if it says Phantom on lens (bottom left)
If not discountedsunglasses007 again ebay definitely has a phantom, Bolle Ski Goggles Supreme OTG 21949 Matte Black Corp Phantom Green Photochromic, but bit dearer £101
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@joneill, if the weather’s that bad you’ll find me in the bar!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've been an Oakley fan for years but bought these this year for easy change lenses.

Good value, good performance, very easy change lens (I did it while skiing a few times!) and comes with two lenses that suited everything last week from full sun on Brevant to end of day flat light on Grands Montents (North facing, in shadow).

There are a few other styles if you are not into the design - the orange matched my gear nicely. Worked well with a Giro helmet too.

https://www.absolute-snow.co.uk/spy-marauder-spy--snowboard-ski-goggles?v=355240&fc=GBP/?keyword=&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAp5qsBhAPEiwAP0qeJlMdtdwXSkKo-b5zKAaT3_SK24rkJxdfrtorpVYuPCgTdpfOxjiEJxoC-AoQAvD_BwE
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Diggery wrote:
I've been an Oakley fan for years but bought these this year for easy change lenses.

Good value, good performance, very easy change lens (I did it while skiing a few times!) and comes with two lenses that suited everything last week from full sun on Brevant to end of day flat light on Grands Montents (North facing, in shadow).

There are a few other styles if you are not into the design - the orange matched my gear nicely. Worked well with a Giro helmet too.

https://www.absolute-snow.co.uk/spy-marauder-spy--snowboard-ski-goggles?v=355240&fc=GBP/?keyword=&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAp5qsBhAPEiwAP0qeJlMdtdwXSkKo-b5zKAaT3_SK24rkJxdfrtorpVYuPCgTdpfOxjiEJxoC-AoQAvD_BwE

Cheers for the recommendation, these look pretty decent and I'm a fan of absolute snow as a shop, they've sorted me out with a few bits of kit over the years Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy