Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another where to go - 1st April Week

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am back from Chamrousse, and as we say in Germany "after a holiday, is for a holiday" (really do not know if there is a meaning in this sentence in English)
I am looking for the first week of April.
Our primary target is La Plagne, but till now the prices are not compared with those i found for the last Easter (maybe because now is earlier? no idea)
Otherwise i found some really offers in
Valmenier, Valloire, La Toussuire and...Vaujany
All of there are a little bit lower als La Plagne, and i like to know how it looks like in these places during the first days of April. I know that everything is possible but maybe someone can from experience add something. Are usually the slopes till the villages open?

Also I know that Vaujany is really low, and i do not expect to walk in a village covered with snow there, but as i see, the main slope area is from 1.600 till 2.700m and this without Alp d Huez.
On the other hand Valmenier and Valloire are at 1.800 with some slope till 2.700 m, and La Toussuire also at 1.800 but with slopes till 2.300m
The other poblem is that except La Plagne and Vaujany i do not find a course for my sohn (Competition course).
Is it really stupid to go to Vaujany? if i do not find something in a logically price in La Plagne??
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@turms2, I've never stayed in Vaujany but have stayed in Oz-en-Oisans a number of times so know the area well. You are correct Vaujany is low and you can only ski down to it (sort of, you have to get a small cable car up) going down the tough black "fare" which is likely to be closed at that time of the year. Otherwise you get the Montfrais or Alpette cable cars down. ADH is a sunny resort and so would get slushy in the afternoon for the most part. It does have some high altitude skiing though and if you've not been before I am sure you would enjoy it.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
yes i know. I saw the map, and read some other reviews.
My Problem ist 1st the Ski School, and on the other hand Vaujany has a nice leisure center with swimming pool etc.
Really do not know what to do.

Shlushy will be almost everywhere i suppose. Also at Valmenier and Valloire
It was also at La Plagne at 2.000 last year. The + with Vaujany is that its with Alpe d Huez connected and the slopes are till 3000. But the village is too low.
E.g. les Sybelles is till 2.300 i think.

Perfect could be in Les Arcs 2000, Tignes or VAl Thorens aber they are too expensive for me
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not sure Vaujany is the most convenient for ski school meeting up tbh. Oz is and home runs are good IMO.

Also, you've been Les Men before iirc. Hard to beat for what you want. I've recently booked an apartment through https://www.agencedesalpes.com/ - good prices and discounted lift passes.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Layne wrote:
Not sure Vaujany is the most convenient for ski school meeting up tbh. Oz is and home runs are good IMO.

Also, you've been Les Men before iirc. Hard to beat for what you want. I've recently booked an apartment through https://www.agencedesalpes.com/ - good prices and discounted lift passes.

my biggest (probably) Problem is the skischool. I had already checke Les Men.
E.g. Les Menuires has Competition Course the whole day but my sohn wants 09.00 till 12.00 max and then ski with us (which i also wants, because is a family vacation)
Other schools do not offer the course because of lack of interest, other from 10y and older.
It is really a pain in the Axxx
The same problem i had for the half term, thats why we finally booked in Chamrousse
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Unfortunately only Vaujany + Alp d Huez, and Valmenier can offer the course in April
All the other ski school either not, or maybe last minute if they have big demand (i dont think so)

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Tue 20-02-24 17:21; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@turms2, you have to decide on your priorities and compromise.

If you want the competition course then yeah go to Vaujany.

It will be fine I am sure.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Layne wrote:
@turms2, you have to decide on your priorities and compromise.

If you want the competition course then yeah go to Vaujany.

It will be fine I am sure.

honestly i do not want the competition course. My son want it. And if i told him that he has to repeat a course (Gold) and there is no competition course were we will go, i will have a week full of complains (why are we here, it is boring, bla bla bla)
if i told him ok, no course at all, and he will accepted that, i will have the complains from the other side (Daughter)

I am in deep ShXXt , whatever i do Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy