Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Forêt Blanche and Vars/Risoul

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It's come to that time of year when I'm thinking of next year's trip, as I can't go again this year...
So I'm wondering if anyone' been to the Forêt Blanche area?
I note that it's quite high, which is probably a good thing being quite southerly, but is it reasonably snow sure?
Would I be better off going to Serre?
However, I like a bit of off the beaten track - this year we were in Silvretta Montafon which was excellent - and had also been considering Damuls/Faschina...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Vars / Risoul is pretty snowsure by southern French Alps standards. High, north facing and fairly inneralpine. I think it's one of the most underrated ski areas I've been to.

Was only there for a couple of days before it all got shut down due to Covid. (Trip report in my signature - click through to the March 2020 one.)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Took the grandchildren there for an Easter school holidays trip several years ago, very end of March into early April. All pistes had decent snow cover, inevitable spring conditions, no queues, restaurants etc not busy, had a great time.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sounds excellent! As we're thinking of moving to France within the next couple of years this could also be a bit of a fact finding mission - Likingthe look of the environs of Digne-les-Bains...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
One of the best areas I've been to as well unless you are looking for vertical thrills. Well, there is one, but I doubt anyone on here would be up to it. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ah the Speed Skiing run at Vars. Took a look at it from the run that crosses above it and thought better of attempting a descent (it was my first week back on skis after a 20 year hiatus) - definitely the right decision!

In answer to the OP, we went to Risoul as a family in 2009 - my wife and children all on their first trip. Found it to be an excellent, friendly resort, snow was very good that year (we went at Easter) with a lot of skiing above 2000m. I would recommend it - although of course there may have been many changes in recent years (I seem to remember Risoul and Vars communes falling out so not sure if the 2 resorts are still linked?)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looks like they're linked!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Leonard Smalls, They are physically linked, and when we went one lift pass covered both. I have heard about the falling out, and certainly for a while you needed a separate pass for each - something to check up on.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@RobinS, they've kissed and made up again Blush
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Glad to hear they've gotten over a tricky patch in their relationship Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy