Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sold out Parking at Tignes Le Lac - what to do?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

I forgot to book the parking and I am arriving at le Lac this saturday.

Everything is sold out on the website except for Les Brevieres albeit this is not close to Le Lac and not sure how would I get form there to my accommodation.

Would you please advice or give any recommendations on what to do? Do you think it might be likely that there will be a free spot in Le Lac if I turn up there directly?

Thank you all!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Resort shuttle bus: https://en.tignes.net/resort-guide/free-shuttles.

Drop gear in Le Lac, park at Les Brevieres, bus back. (Or possibly 2 buses, changing at 1800?). Only a problem if you arrive overnight.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My suspicion is that there may be some places available in Lac/Lav/VC on the day. We have a season long car parking space at the Golf in VC, but we won’t be using for most of the season (it is cheaper than buying weeks). Indigo the car parking contractor don’t know we won’t be there for the next few weeks (although they might do some clever number crunching about seasonaire behaviour). So they must have some contingency if we suddenly turn up next week. Part of that contingency is to allow paid parking on the road up to the Golf in busy weeks. Last year we got a discount for giving up certain weeks, but not this year so they may have used intelligence from that exercise to refine the numbers further.

I know it is a risk, but I suspect you will get a space. There will be cancellations and breakdowns that will have to be taken into account.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
In previous years if the parks were full they allowed on road parking, but you had to pay. It’s a risk, especially if it snows hard.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You would have to search on here
But im sure in Le Lac is one of their offices/attendants and they can assist you with available parking spaces.

Update -- To park on the street you have to pay and get a ticket on arrival from the main parking information office in Lac 3 car park
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi everyone,

Thanks a lot for your replies. I thought I would give you an update about my current situation.

After several hours of driving from Lyon to Tignes due to heavy heavy traffic on the N90, we made it to destination.

We headed to Lac3 and spoke to the people there only through the radio service as nobody is there. They said there was space in Val Claret - this is a bit higher than LeLac. The re is a bus to head back down albeit it only runs until 11pm. So we walked back; it was 20 min walk so nothing too bad.

All parking were full as expected and when we got to Val Claret there were 3 spots left. I asked about asking on the street but they said there was no space (I can see many cars parked on the st but not sure of these were people on my same situation or local residents).

Not sure this helps because perhaps I was just lucky but all I can say is that they did not seem very concerned about the fact that people don’t have a place to park.

Thanks all again!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy