Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz - Abrocotine

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

just watched a video of this on YouTube - it looks likema fairly long mellow blue? Suitable for a good beginner / begineer intermediate snowboarder? Couldn't tell from the video isthere were lots of flat spots?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you carry on to the green run La Lecherette back to Ardent, that has quite a flat section on it. You'll almost certainly be walking on a snowboard
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ok, thanks, so stop at TSD Brochaux and go up that and back down instead?

But other than that a good run for an average snowboarder looking to improve technique?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
frank_bough wrote:
Ok, thanks, so stop at TSD Brochaux and go up that and back down instead?

But other than that a good run for an average snowboarder looking to improve technique?

Yes, it's a perfect run for this ... but obviously you need to be mindful about how you get to it?|

Are you staying in Avoriaz? You can access it from the top of Cases but bear in mid that the first pitch is relatively steep and narrow (ish) in places ... plus it gest chopped up from late morning. Proclou might be a better alternative.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yeah, staying in Avoriaz, I was thinking TSD Tour, down Crete, turn right on Covagnes down to Lindarets, then TSD Lerche and then TSD Cases to get to it.

Yeah, I know Proclou, and will do it down to Seraussaix and Teras/Zore, but have done Proclou a million times, and feel I should be a bit more adventurous as I've improved a bit recently (hopefully).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Good plan
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Its a run that has some steeper bits (not genuinely steep) and some flatter bits. A modicum of pace sees you gliding along the flatter bits. If you are too timid you will have a bit of walking. Look well ahead to see what others are doing to determine how much pace is needed. Restaurant L'Abricotine at Brochaux is one of our favourites. Enjoy!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Restaurant L'Abricotine at Brochaux

Recommendation noted, and will be acted on, thanks.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Tour can often have horrific queues - you might be better heading down Proclou to get to the ridge or even the Plateau chair, then the beginners’ tow and walk up the last bit (or flail across to the snowpark tow - that goes to the top).

But +1 on the bottom bit of Abricotine - as I am on skis and quite chunky, and I can just about get across the flat/uphill bit without poling, but I can’t imagine that it’s doable on a board without a walk.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Can you get to Proclou without taking a lift? I would've thought I would need to take Tour, Plateau, or even the Dromonts drag lift to get to the top and down Proclou? Or is that what you are saying?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sorry, yes - from the gondola you need Plateau then down to Proclou - you don’t need to go any higher.

It depends where in Avoriaz you’re staying though - my daughter went on her uni trip and could step out onto Proclou.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
frank_bough wrote:
Quote:

Restaurant L'Abricotine at Brochaux

Recommendation noted, and will be acted on, thanks.

Both of the restaurants at the bottom of Brochaux are good.

Point to note - both Abricotine and the blues down to Lindarets from Brochaux can get busy towards the end of the day and feel a little frantic once is gets chopped up.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy