Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bootfitter in Flaine?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone have a recommendation for a decent boot fitter in Flaine? I’m there for a long weekend in March and would like to replace my current boots that are too big.

Ideally looking for a pair of hybrid piste focused boots with low tech inserts but will prioritise fit and DH performance.

I know all the caveats about range availability in March etc but I’m wondering if there is at least a decent fitter to check with (last thing I want is another pair that are too big) or whether just to put up with my current boots for one last trip and buy in UK in Autumn.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I doubt there's even a crap boot fitter in Flaine.

If you have a car, get yourself to Chamonix.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I don't recall the shops in Flaine having a huge selection of boots. I would buy in UK immediately after your trip when you might find some discounts on 2023/24 models.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
No car, no desire to travel even if I did.

There are definitely shops that advertise a boot fitting service. I’m just wondering if any of them are any good.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Flet©h, none that I've heard of, that's not a definitive answer ...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Flet©h wrote:
No car, no desire to travel even if I did.

There are definitely shops that advertise a boot fitting service. I’m just wondering if any of them are any good.

only one that i know of who "had" people was black slide, but looking at their website it appears to have gone more towards the rental side of things
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Flet©h, Look on the bright side, you get the kudos of being the first person to write a review of one.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Flet©h, my mate has a piano at his, I can see it through the window, wouldn’t go inside without earplugs though.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
CH2O wrote:
@Flet©h, my mate has a piano at his, I can see it through the window, wouldn’t go inside without earplugs though.

@CH20 Can I only infer from this that I shouldn’t just trust people who call themselves boot fitters (I know this, hence asking for personal recommendations by creating this thread)

Or can I specifically infer that none of those advertising boot fitting in Flaine are to be trusted as competent boot fitters?

@CEM Thanks - I might approach them with caution. They seemed like the best bet on first glance.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm just suggesting "bootfitting" is a simple buzzword, once, we we're seen as charlatans, taking things too far, obsessing over something of little value, now it's written all over the white streets of ski resorts. You take your chances, but don't feel that one shop's expertise represents bootfitters as a whole. Surefoot are a great example, many awesome people working in them, but the shop alone is no certainty of the best outcome. We have a simple policy when it comes to our staff, you get an allowance of error, the rule of three, you get within 3°, 3mm and 3 chances to get it right, or you get 3mins to get your dumb ass off my payroll. Toofy Grin
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
CH2O wrote:
IWe have a simple policy when it comes to our staff, you get an allowance of error, the rule of three, you get within 3°, 3mm and 3 chances to get it right, or you get 3mins to get your dumb ass off my payroll. Toofy Grin

i like that... but 3 degrees... dam thats a long way out on a boot cant rolling eyes

i can confidently say i have never fired anyone... they fire themselves, i just provide the rope they do their own hanging
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Not referring to canting, canting is too far down the chain, within 3degs of flexion, thats 1.5 dorsi-1.5 plantar, no tools just eyes! Catch up!!!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Back to thread though:

Flaine Super Ski is the place to go.
The owners are full time.race coaches who run racer traing programs year round, Flaine and then Tignes glacier in the off season.
Back in the day they coached the French national squad.
And even further back in the day they helped Dynafit develope the first of their touring bindings and won the Patroule de Glaciers on them.
This is not a "punter rental" shop.

Ask for Rene (I can't find the acute accent for his name on the phone keyboard) and explain your needs and concerns, he won't be the fitter but he'll make sure his best person deals with you.

You'll get great service there.

Absolutely nowhere.else in Flaine though!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy