Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski rental in Lyon/Geneva

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi. I'm planning to fly either to Lyon or Geneva next weekend and then spend a few days trying a few resorts. I want to rent skis as near to the airport as I can so I can return them right before flying back home. Do you know any good rental shops near any of these airports? If not, what about within the cities?
Thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You can rent at decathlon near Lyon airport. Don't try going into Lyon
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for your reply. Decathlon in Portugal has much less ski expertise than the average ski rental shop. Is it any different in France? In other words, will I get the same level service and equipment I’d get in a Intersport shop, for instance?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Also Decathlon near Geneva airport: https://www.decathlon.ch/fr/store-view/magasin-sport-geneve-blandonnet-0070194101941

Or Univers Sports more centrally - but would require a bus, or a walk from the train station: https://www.univers-sports.ch/#LOCATION
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I should have said I’m renting a car at whatever airport I land at.
I don’t mind driving nearby, I just don’t want to make big detours on my way from and back to the airport. If I land in Lyon I’ll go to Alpe d’Huez. If it’s Geneva then I’ll go to Megeve or Avoriaz.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
FredericoRoldao wrote:
I should have said I’m renting a car at whatever airport I land at.
I don’t mind driving nearby, I just don’t want to make big detours on my way from and back to the airport. If I land in Lyon I’ll go to Alpe d’Huez. If it’s Geneva then I’ll go to Megeve or Avoriaz.

Trust me, you don't want to go into Lyon center at all, in car or anything else and that is where the specialized rental stores are.

Ekosport in St Priest may rent skis, they are much closer to the airport and easy to get to.

https://www.skiprobel.com/ are just off the A48 autoroute in Grenoble, so wouldn't be too hard to get to and are a good ski shop but they shut for 3h at lunch. You don't want to be driving in Grenoble either though Happy

otherwise Chambery maybe?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy