Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpine bindings with Atomic Hawk 110 boots?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
Mrs PG has a pair of Atomic Hawk 110 touring boots which she finds much more comfy for on piste skiing than her downhill boots but they don't fit the bindings on her downhill skis - we seem to have the same problem when we try to hire downhill skis in resort. Are there any makes of alpine bindings that she could fit to her downhill skis so that she could use them for non-touring days? Existing bindings are Rossignol Axium BTW but she seems to think it is not possible to replace them? Many thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Do the boots have grip walk soles? What is the exact model?

If they're gripwalk then the bindings are probably a bit too old to be compatible. From what I understand, rossi bindings are just rebadged look bindings. So there'll probably be an updated binding version that uses the same mount pattern and will take newer boots - maybe the Look NX? Obviously double check with a shop, Jon at the piste office knows what he's talking about.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi @Thomasski - thanks for replying. The boot's model is Ultra XTD with Skywalk soles - WTR is stamped on the sole but I can't see the words "GripWalk" anywhere
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
This may help...https://www.glisshop.co.uk/tutorial/ski-soles-and-bindings-standards.html
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@PetGriffin, the WTR sole (Walk To Ride) was introduced by Salomon/Atomic a number of years ago but the rest of the trade went with the GripWalk sole from K2 instead - so the WTR sole is now obsolete. WTR is very similar to GW but unfortunately it's not compatible with GW bindings. The whole palava is similar to VHS/Betamax if you're old enough to remember video tapes.

For Mrs PG to use her WTR soles in an alpine binding she'll need a make/model of binding that'll accept the WTR sole and currently they are: Salomon/Atomic bindings that are designated as MN or MNC, Head/Tyrolia bindings that are designated as AT or Marker bindings designated as ID. Look did make a WTR version of their SPX bindings a few years ago but it only lasted a season before they had drop it and switch to GW so Look don't offer a suitable binding so there's no chance of using the existing mounting holes etc.

It's an easy enough job to replace the existing bindings (either rail or flat mounted) with one of the above compatible bindings - and which make/model of bindings will be dependent upon which will work around the existing mounting locations which will need to be plugged. The Marker ID bindings are only available in a flat mounted version but the Salomon/Atomic MNC and the Head Tyrolia AT bindings are available in both a flat mounted binding or a rail/demo version.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi @sypderjon - thanks for your reply. I think I saw your reply to my email but it has now disappeared so not sure what is happening with my inbox Puzzled. Boots/bindings sounds like a minefield. Will PM you ...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy