Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Possible French rail strikes 16 Feb to 18 Feb

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Read this with some distress this morning:

Might cause some TGV cancellations. I'm arriving Sunday Feb 16 and have a morning train CDG to Lyon and then Grenoble.

---
https://worldinparis.com/transport-in-france-strike-news-tips-for-traveling-to-paris

SNCF train controllers threaten to strike from Friday 16 February 2024 to Sunday 18 February 2024. As such, a notice was filed from 15 February at 8:00 p.m. to 19 February at 8:00 a.m.

The reasons for the strike include demands for salary increases and better consideration of the end of career. The movement is led by the ASCT National Collective and supported by the Sud-Rail union.

Kind reminder that this will be the beginning of the school holidays in France. If the strike is confirmed, train disruptions during this holiday departure weekend could be significant, with possible TGV train cancellations.

Generally, SNCF informs about the trains or train lines impacted 1-2 days before the strike date. Passengers on TGV or Intercités trains impacted by the strike are usually contacted by SMS or email (if they have provided their contact details). Passengers of regional trains (TER) can check traffic forecasts on the regional sites dedicated to TER trains.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Briefly discussed near the end of an old thread at https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=164365&start=120

I've been given some reassurance that we might get away with it on Monday 19th, but I'm still nervous.

Good luck!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My Sunday Feb 18 TGV from CDG to Lyon and then Grenoble was cancelled today. This is going to be a wide strike across all of France from Friday through Sunday. Flights are now too expensive. I reserved a hotel room Sunday night at CDG and bought a Monday morning replacement TGV. What a mess!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Will this translate into busier roads? I'm flying into Lyon on Saturday morning and coach transfer to La Plagne
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This weekend is the start of Zone A 2-week winter school holidays (Lyon and the south of France). It is the middle of zone C (Paris). I believe it is also the end of half-term in England. There may be many people on the slopes right now unaware their train back is cancelled.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Rent a car.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The French are great at turning the screws when they need to. It's a shame that trains have been cancelled though as the huge threat of disruption usually helps get what they want. And I assume that all train passengers will take to the roads.......

It's the end half term for some of England but the start for others like myself.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My son and daughter in law are flying to Lyon tonight and were due to come back by train on Sunday (house hunting in Vienne, not skiing). Learnt earlier tonight that the train is cancelled - now re-booked by air. I am looking after their 3 and 6 year old, so hope they'll make it.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy