Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ankle length neoprene wellies as snow boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I thought I'd share that ankle length neoprene wellies make a wonderful substitute snow boot.

I bought some of these for walking the dog on days when it is fairly dry, so I don't need wellies to protect from splashes, but I still want the warmth of neoprene: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/305278035090?chn=ps&_ul=GB&var=604190580407&_trkparms=ispr%3D1&amdata=enc%3A18koPPK6xTTO54kcFcnt9HQ31&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=710-134428-41853-0&mkcid=2&mkscid=101&itemid=604190580407_305278035090&targetid=1647205089080&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=1006765&poi=&campaignid=17206177401&mkgroupid=136851690655&rlsatarget=pla-1647205089080&abcId=9300866&merchantid=431984421&gclid=CjwKCAiAlJKuBhAdEiwAnZb7lc5wXkoJ_cIPMeWEX8ENWWAR_jzgWAHakEW_mE-fmbxao6bazdjMlhoCgvQQAvD_BwE

It occurred to me that they might make a good snow boot, so I took them on my trip to Lech and they were perfect. Toasty warm, even at -10 C. Totally waterproof in new snow (as long as it isn't so deep and soft that it comes over the top).

And best of all, the soles grip really well. They are like the soles you get on hiking boots. Our accommodation was up a steep side road, which got very slippery in the regular dumps of snow. Everyone else was slipping and often hanging on to me for stability.

They are now my go-to snow boot. A bonus is that they are smaller to pack than my actual snow boots. Probably more versatile than dedicated snow boots.

There are other makers of neoprene Chelsea boots and they ought to be fine as long as they have a similarly good sole. But the Boggs seem to be available for good prices.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dunlop Blizzard wellies are very good, if a bit heavy:

https://outdoorgear.co.uk/dunlop-unisex-blizzard-warm-wellies/
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks @koru, really good advice for those of us that are in the market for some new snow boots (or even if we aren't Laughing )
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Some might argue that 45 quid is expensive vs Lidl/Aldi etc snow boots, or cheap Karrimor boots from Sports Direct. (The latter having served me well in very deep snow in Europe, British Columbia, Japan and more for the past 15 years or so wink )
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
In the last century they were called galoshes and went over yer evening shoes!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Much cheaper in Sports Direct and I wear mine for golf when it gets really wet i.e. this year!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy