Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

skiing with handbags?

Poster: A snowHead
Puzzled Puzzled saw three very well dressed (or at least, expensively branded) ladies skiing with little handbags last week.

Puzzled
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@under a new name, be careful you don't upset the anti back pack contingent - this is a new level altogether!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
under a new name wrote:
Puzzled Puzzled saw three very well dressed (or at least, expensively branded) ladies skiing with little handbags last week.

Puzzled

Oh... Not Russians?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Thomasski, Rascist . . . . . . Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
under a new name wrote:

Puzzled

That branding must have hurt!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
What, in their hands?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What, in their hands?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It makes me think of one forum member, skiing with his handbag, but in the interests of decorum, I will leave it there. Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Belch wrote:
@Thomasski, Rascist . . . . . . Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Toofy Grin

Laughing Very Happy Very Happy

I've seen it with my own eyes in Lech - athough they weren't physically skiing at the time...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

under a new name wrote:
Puzzled
That branding must have hurt!

Do they still do it with redhot pokers or are there more humane methods?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thomasski wrote:
Belch wrote:

I've seen it with my own eyes in Lech - athough they weren't physically skiing at the time...

What women with handbags who were werent skiing?!? Outrageous!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Thomasski, There's plenty of 'handbags' on here . . . maybe they're Pootin trolls!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ster wrote:
Thomasski wrote:
Belch wrote:

What women with handbags who were werent skiing?!? Outrageous!

Sad I forgot that I left the details in my head... Embarassed

At a champagne bar wearing ski boots - they had got there with skis!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My wife once had three Sarf Lahndan girls turn up for their first ski lesson with their handbags...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Origen, nope, little bags, with little shoulder straps so not really handbags, but, still, iirc, those well known ski brands - Gucci, Chanel and Dior ...
ski holidays
@Thomasski, maybe they had their hand bags stashed in their backpacks - double jeopardy! I'm taking my 19yr old daughter skiing in a couple of weeks, I fully expect her to be bringing her handbag / fake fur coat and moonboots . . . and no we're not Russian Skullie Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
@Chaletbeauroc, Reminds me of a lads trip we did in L2A several years ago - we were on the bus when a rather curvy and incredibly well presented girl ran to the bus and bashed on the door to be let on. I was standing in the footwell as the bus was rammed and she jumped on wearing an 'all white' one piece with fake fur collar / gold trim affair and matching helmet and goggles. Her faced was drenched in sweat and I'm surprised her fake lashes hadn't detached however what ruined the original vision for me was her next comment (as she confidently shoved her skis/poles into my arms) and in the most perfect sarf lundan / essex accent simply said (as she lifted both arms in the air) - "I'm sweating like a pig - can you undo me pit zips mate?" . . . . . delightful image destroyed (as I dutifully obliged)! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
I ski with a small cross body bag - find it much easier to manage than a back pack and i hate to have my pockets stuffed with things
latest report
Belch wrote:
@Thomasski, maybe they had their hand bags stashed in their backpacks - double jeopardy! I'm taking my 19yr old daughter skiing in a couple of weeks, I fully expect her to be bringing her handbag / fake fur coat and moonboots . . . and no we're not Russian Skullie Very Happy Very Happy

Important items for the Instagram posts
ski holidays
I don't see why shoulder bags should create any more interest than backpacks.
snow report
Did they have air bags fitted?
snow conditions
@Origen, like this? (was one, or similar)

latest report
Belch wrote:
@Thomasski, maybe they had their hand bags stashed in their backpacks - double jeopardy!

Oh so now all Russians stack things inside other things? Toofy Grin
snow report
@Thomasski, you've got me on that one - sincere apols for the racist anti-ruski double bagging assumption - I've said 3x hail marys and am now self flagellating . .
latest report
bumbags will be making a comeback next.
snow conditions

http://youtube.com/v/najgGSuaCfk&t=132s

at 2:45 in this? Handbags.
latest report
Might be a new winter handbag design launched somewhere.
snow report
@under a new name, it's definitely a thing this year. Very silly and definitely not cool, which is odd because it's usually part of a very expensive ensemble. Money doesn't not equal taste, or the ability to ski.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Thu 8-02-24 21:33; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
yup laughed with them a couple of weeks ago when I was n sauxe
ski holidays
Not a handbag but a handbag dog. Some tiny shivery little ratdog wearing a puffa jacket the other day... suppose it could have been 4 hamsters working a scam.
snow report
I was told - probably on Snowheads somewhere - that it was possible to rent one of those little dogs for the week in Megeve.

As for the handbags, I don't see why that's a massively daft thing. Certainly not as daft, to my mind, as going out skiing in heavy make up and false eyelashes. I suppose the bag is somewhere to pop the lashes if they come adrift.
latest report
I believe this has given me what the young uns refer to as the ‘ick’

A handbag FFS.
snow report
I thought for sure there was going to be an awesome pic posted here. Sad Guess not.
ski holidays
We are there commenting on a woman's attire - and then mock other cultures.

As a kid I remember fuming about men following my mother and then 12 yo sister while on hols in Egypt, those guys probably had a 'fun' conversation about western women that evening at their local. Not that they go the pub but you get the point.
ski holidays
Gored wrote:

Nothing wrong with a bum bag, I need to put the shot glasses somewhere!
ski holidays
Gored wrote:
ummm they’ve been back for at least 2yrs. Sometimes used ‘cross body’.. i know as my very cool raver sister (25) asked for one for xmas way back.
ski holidays
being rude about Russians isn't racist ...
ski holidays
@patrick!, mocking someone for carrying entirely inappropriate kit in a risky technical scenario because they thinks it projects superiority should be a social obligation.
snow report
What's the difference between a cross-body bumbag and one of these little shoulder bags? I am still struggling to see quite why they should give rise to such derision compared to other aspects of the get-up of these femmes fatales on the piste. Though I would suggest that anyone doing anything deliberately to "project superiority" is a target ripe for derision.
ski holidays
cross body bum-bag stays close to the body and causes no issue whilst skiing I imagine. Little handbag swinging on a strap likely to tangled in all sorts of things.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy