Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Face SE of the Moine reskied

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
37 years after JMB skied the "impossible" south east face of the Moine

http://youtube.com/v/MWGBLg9ndTc?feature=shared

it has been skied by Aurel Lardy, I don't know how may other people have skied this slope, not many

https://www.msn.com/fr-fr/actualite/france/l-exploit-historique-d-aurel-lardy-le-ski-pouss%C3%A9-%C3%A0-l-extr%C3%AAme/vi-BB1hR51x?cvid=0d39caad2a014386e9353249d847e0a7&ocid=winp2fptaskbar&ei=7&sc=shoreline

I would say Boivin is a lot more graceful, despite his bouffant hairdo, fartbag and 210 m straight skis with 65mm waists.

This is what Aurel said: "We had some serious conditions, with little or no thaw on this face, which has a vertical drop of around 500m and an average gradient of 50 degrees. Exposure was at its maximum on all sides of the mountain until we finally emerged onto what's left of the Moine glacier at around 2800m. It's very interesting to see how conditions, equipment and techniques have evolved. Jean-Marc Boivin's daring and strength command immense respect when you consider that, at the time, he made this descent equipped with 2m long straight skis".
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good spot.

Possibly the best videos ever posted on SH.

Skiing simply doesn't get any better or tougher than that.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is that skiing? Puzzled
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes because he has skis on
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Clip of the original was in Steep, never saw the full clip before. Some line at the top in particular. Conditions on the modern descent look cat, almost melty snow.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy