Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Station du Lac Blanc, Alsace

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Yes, here's a trip report from TODAY...
It's about a 1 hour drive (110km) from the north side of Strasbourg to Station du Lac Blanc, but I took a longer route, stopping at Colmar and Munster.

So, here's what we're talking about in terms of pistes:
http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/photo/3611/cat/503

Most of the runs were, um green, although some were brown. My pics are of one side of the hill. The other side goes down to the Lac Blanc, but I didn't take any photos there.
It looks like they've recently installed a new 6 pack, which means when I go there next season, the lines should be shorter.

http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/photo/3612/cat/503

http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/photo/3609/cat/503

http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/photo/3610/cat/503

From the opposite side of the valley looking back:
http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/photo/3618/cat/503

I was going to stop off at the ski school and see about getting a job, but I think they were having a siesta. If I go back again this summer, I'll bring some snowHeads stickers. Wink
http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/photo/3608/cat/503
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
When we lived in the USA there were some small local hills like this an hour or so away.

They can be great fun...saturday morning..."what shall we do this afternoon?"...."Go for a ski?"...."sure, lets go after lunch!"

Obviously they are not Destination places....but great fun, and be honest: wouldn't you just love to have the option?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rungsp, I HAVE the option! Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
rungsp, I HAVE the option! Laughing

Are you still contracting or have you gone on the books? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boredsurfin, still contracting - but at the minute it's only for another year...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Wear The Fox Hat, only! Sounds good Toofy Grin
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wear The Fox Hat, while you're out there try exploring over on the German side. Some 'fairly' decent skiing on the Feldberg, and the valley run on the Schauinsland can also be fun ( but probably isn't often doable these days ). Also some surprisingly steep runs to be found at Todtnau. Freiburg is a nice place and is also worth a visit.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The La Bresse-Hohneck station is pretty good too. It claims to be the biggest ski resort in the north-east of France, and there's definitely enough to do there to keep you amused for a couple of days. There's loads of good cross-country skiing in the area as well.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the ideas, guys. I've now booked 2 weekends in August to be here, so that gives me more to explore. (might even take the bike with me...)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mike Lawrie, how long do you reckon it would take to get from Freiburg to Basel airport?

I'd be interested to know any more info about the skiing there as i'm looking for somewhere close to Basel to ski for a morning before flying back to london at the end of a trip next january

thanks
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I looked at the La Bresse-Hohneck website a while ago and they claimed that you could ski from (I think) 7AM until 10PM. Hopefully there are floodlights involved.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ben wright, I know they have floodlights at Lac Blanc - I guess they get people driving down here for an evening...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Roger C, when I was a kid we used to get to Basel in about 45 mins from Freiburg. If you are based in Basel then I guess I would head inland to Grindelwald or Wengen, which are about 2 hours drive. But there are about a thousand other possibilities.
Frankly the skiing in the Schwarzwald or Vosges is not comparable to the Alps, but is worth doing if you happen to be in the area and have a few hours to spare.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mike Lawrie, thanks for that, i'll let you know what the skiing is like at Freiburg these days.......
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy