Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New XC binding system

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Rottefella are trialing a new XC binding system that reassembles a bike pedal binding with the pivot moved under the ball of the foot with the toe free. Yes, I know, another XC binding system to confuse everyone but this might be quite interesting and I'd long wondered if one of the MTB pedal systems could be adapted to cross country skiing.

https://pistehors.com/QnyyeI0B1g7SdbHcgunm/rottefella-skate-x-binding

Atomic have recently launched "wider" cross country skis with the Gen S range which are much easier to handle so it seems like a mini revolution in the conservative world of XC.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks to me like the picture shows an adapted SPD-type cycle shoe anyway, with the inset plate where the cleats would normally be mounted. I'm no XC expert but I could see one potential drawback of trying to use the SPD or other bike mounts, in that they're designed to release with a twisting movement, which may be less than desirable when XC skiing. I guess you could just crank them up to max is needed though...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It is a proper cross country boot that Rottafella have developed for the system.

I'm thinking it should be possible to develop a bike pedal that takes the same bar but with release in the bike pedal's case. On the ski binding it is clamped in jaws but those could be sprung. It is interesting that they have come to see the ball of the foot as the optimum pivot point like in cycling.

The system is supposedly under non-disclosure but I've signed nothing but it may be a while before more information comes out.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
or not... a review

https://www.facebook.com/reel/3143922822409538
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy