Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Late April

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to head out to Tignes as a group of 8 on April 20th-27th. Still haven’t decided a place to say, most likely Les Boisses as the prices there seem to be the most reasonable. I am a bit worried of snow cover in April as we still would want to ski back into our accommodation. Not sure if that would be possible, I understand there’s no way of knowing for now, but given past years, am I correct in assuming having enough snow cover at 1800 is a 50/50 in late April?

Also, I’ve read someone mention that the Brevieres sector lifts close on April the 26th and since Les Boisses are in the same sector, these close too. Is this true? And finally, will snowchains/winter tyres be required around this time if driving into Tignes? Apologies - first time skiing in the alps in April and in Tignes haha
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@tanvir786, stay in le lac or val claret mate...... late April everything accom wise will be cheap avoid brev and les boisses
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@tanvir786, I’ve skied several times late April into early May, staying in Les Boisses.
Snow cover has always been good. More often than not there have been fresh dumps of snow during the week. Always been able to ski down to the village. Most years across a little off piste field right down to the hotel.

There can be specific lift closures at lower altitudes if snow conditions are very poor. They should have enough people staying in 1800, Boisses and Brevieres that week, so should be planning to keep key lifts open.

If you’re still worried, maybe look for accommodation in Tignes Lavachet? Alternatively La Daille, on the Val D’Isere side, which gives good access to higher altitudes both in Tignes and La Fornet.

I’m unsure whether it’s a legal requirement to carry snowchains late April. Personally I’d either want winter tyres fitted or snowchains available.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
According to the road signs the legal requirement to carry ‘special equipment’ ends at the end of March. That of course does not guarantee that you won’t actually need chains.
We usually ski to the last day of the season and you can usually ski down to Brev, although often sloppy. Again no guarantees. I can’t remember what year, but not so long ago - the cow pats were starting to show trough the snow above Le Lac.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:
am I correct in assuming having enough snow cover at 1800 is a 50/50 in late April?
In the words of the great Jim Royle..."50:50 my @r$€!" Laughing Skiing back to 1800 is 100% guaranteed - and into May too.

I've been loads in the first week of May and skiing to Tignes Les Boises/1800 is absolutely nailed on.

You can sleep soundly - no worry/bed wetting necessary wink

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 4-02-24 17:14; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:
am I correct in assuming having enough snow cover at 1800 is a 50/50 in late April?
In the words of the great Jim Royle..."50:50 my @r$€!" Laughing Skiing back to 1800 is 100% guaranteed - and into May too.

I've been loads in the first week of May and skiing to Tignes Les Boises/1800 is absolutely nailed on.

Well said, MA. Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not much going on in Boisses though so you’ve got to get the bus up to lac or vc in the evening for a variety of bars or restaurants.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
all of the above correct...... you will be able to ski anywhere but at that time of the year I would stay in le lac, less busy so prices reasonable, you will be able to book something last min I would imagine
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@tanvir786, I'd stay closer to Val Claret that time of year; you may be able to return to other Tignes villages by ski, but by the afternoon it can be a real slush-fest and rather hard work.

Last few weeks of April I normally stay high on Grande Motte, Vanoise Express, finish on Double M and jump on the bus home.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks guys, any recommendations to stay in Le lac or Val claret for a party of 7? Was looking at the CGH residences in les boisses, so something on par with that or simalarish in VC or Le lac
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There's CGH in both Lac & Val Claret. We've stayed in the Telemark in Lac - v good, right on the slopes and a 30 second slide down to the Chaudannes or Paquis lifts. Easily walkable to all the restaurants etc in an evening (we've done the walk back from the main square at the end of the day in ski gear but wouldn't recommend that if you're in ski boots - snowboard boots absolutely fine though).

Val has Le Jhana and La Ferme..... We've stayed in the one over in La Plagne and that was the same setup as Telemark so assume the two Val Claret ones are similar.

We stayed with https://www.chaletsc2j.com/ in Val Claret in January. We were in the Tommeuse building right on the slopes but they've plenty of options. Apartment we had was better than the CGH ones but building not as good (no other facilities like Spas etc but we weren't there for that). They've got loads of options and were super professional from start to finish.

I've just had a quick nosey at their site and they've loads of options those dates.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy