Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

1st week of March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys after a bit of help choosing a resort!
We have been offered - Sainte Foy, Les Menuires or Val Cenis.

We are a family of four (2 adults and 2 children)

My eldest is 4 and will be her fifth time Skiing and is progressing very well!

My son in only 2 and a half so will not be skiing.

Which would be the best resort for us as a family?

Thank you Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Does it have to be France - busy school holidays. The following week would be better if you want to ski in France. If it has to be the first week, maybe Italy would be better?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ideally as we are driving down, and unfortunately its the only week i can get away from work
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Bevsy, what do the 2 adults like skiing wise and town wise?

What'll you be doing with the 2 and a half year old?

If you're keen skiers and like plenty of different options then Les Menuires would be my choice from those three. It would also suit your 4 year old.
The town is, how shall I say, functional but not regarded as pretty. The mountain scenery is still great though.

Likely to be one of the busiest weeks of the season though.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
+1 vote for Les Menuires.
Find out if you are in the central La Croisette part as it will be much easier with little ones, and ski school. (though all the parts will have ski school meeting points)
It's lovely there and often activities going on. Evening sledding, music, lights. It's also the 60th Year Anniversary of Les Menuires so likely to be fun stuff going on in the evenings to celebrate.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I would discount Les Menuires as I wouldn’t go to the three valleys with children that age. Sainte Foy is very nice but the ski area might be a bit limited for the adults unless you enjoy off piste. Val Cenis would be the best option I think. Which accommodation are you thinking of? I think there may be esf chilcare near chalets de flambeau but it is a while since our trip there so can’t quite remember.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If by first week you mean 2-9 March it shouldn't be too bad, only a third of France on holiday and not Paris.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I would suggest Val Cenis which will be much quieter than the others and is a nice little town with all sorts of activities to keep you occupied off the slopes such as luge, ice rink, swimming pool etc etc.

There are also some nice runs to do with your daughter including the long green run ‘escargot’ which runs from the top all the way down to the town.

https://hmvt.download/SitesWeb/edit-yourself/hmv-guide-activites.pdf
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wherever you're going, book ski schools IMMEDIATELY or there might be no options left!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy