Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Ski Mojo user from Colorado, questions

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Just bought some Ski Mojos earlier this week. It's a game changer for me (back fusion with nerve damage in one leg, recovering from broken pelvis and ankle breakage tibia/fibula). I can make it down a full run without stopping. Also, can ski more than an hour or so without pain

Seems like there are a few in this forums who have mojos, so wanted to see if you could answer a few questions.

What is the easiest way to get setup in the morning?

I usually get my ski pants on at the house and put my ski boots on in the parking lot at the ski area and walk to the lift.

I've tried putting on the Mojos beforehand inside my pants or outside. It seems really hard/impossible to clip the Mojos to the back of the ski boot with the Velcro straps on. So I ended up taking all the Velcro off and removing the Mojos from the harness on top and then redoing everything starting from the bottom. Any suggestions on streamlining this?

Also, anyone have the Mojos disconnect from the boot studs? I was skiing yesterday and noticed that I couldn't engage them off the lift. Then I looked back and both Mojos were disconnected from my boots. I was wearing them outside my pants. I'm assuming maybe my pants pushed them off or maybe something on the chair seat. We didn't have the bar down.

Anyway. Thanks ahead of time for any help..
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Mogulman1, Welcome to snowheads.

Mojos are great, but a right faff.

I put them on under my ski pants at the house/hotel and put my boots and attach the mojos then walk to the lift. If driving, I still put the mojos on before I leave then do boots and attaching in the car park.

I have no problem attaching the mojos to the boots with the velcro fastened - it really shouldn't affect it. Are you doing it right? have you watched the video?

I leave the mojos attached to the harness all the time and just step into them, strap them up and attach them.

The only time they have disengaged is when they weren't properly attached
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Mogulman1, Quick word of advice when using a UK based forum. You will likely generate some amusement and amusing comments when you use the americanism "pants" instead of "trousers", you see it means something different here.

For example. Do you not get a bit cold wearing just your pants and ski boots? I like a bit of leg as much as the next man, but that might be too much even for me!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
holidayloverxx wrote:
@Mogulman1, Welcome to snowheads.

Mojos are great, but a right faff.

I put them on under my ski pants at the house/hotel and put my boots and attach the mojos then walk to the lift. If driving, I still put the mojos on before I leave then do boots and attaching in the car park.

I have no problem attaching the mojos to the boots with the velcro fastened - it really shouldn't affect it. Are you doing it right? have you watched the video?

I leave the mojos attached to the harness all the time and just step into them, strap them up and attach them.

The only time they have disengaged is when they weren't properly attached

Makes me think that maybe I have the length of the mojos adjusted too long, or maybe the stud on the boot is too far inward. Right now it is mounted on one of the holes from my ski boot booster strap. I'll mess with the length a little bit. Thanks.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
zikomo wrote:
@Mogulman1, Quick word of advice when using a UK based forum. You will likely generate some amusement and amusing comments when you use the americanism "pants" instead of "trousers", you see it means something different here.

For example. Do you not get a bit cold wearing just your pants and ski boots? I like a bit of leg as much as the next man, but that might be too much even for me!

Lol.. Thanks. So you call them ski trousers eh? Seems weird. I went to a UK ski shop web-site and they call them Ski Pants.. https://www.glisshop.co.uk/clothing/ski-pants/
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Mogulman1 wrote:
zikomo wrote:

Lol.. Thanks. So you call them ski trousers eh? Seems weird. I went to a UK ski shop web-site and they call them Ski Pants.. https://www.glisshop.co.uk/clothing/ski-pants/

It's all deliberately confusing!

Pants (US) = Trousers (UK)
Pants (UK) = Panties (US)

There are many americanisms finding their way into our language here, and even more often on webshops you see "pants" because the retailer is not actually UK based (as is the case with Glisshop which is a European entity). Nevertheless please carry on using "pants" as many here can and will find very funny ways to use that!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
zikomo wrote:
Mogulman1 wrote:
zikomo wrote:

It's all deliberately confusing!

Pants (US) = Trousers (UK)
Pants (UK) = Panties (US)

There are many americanisms finding their way into our language here, and even more often on webshops you see "pants" because the retailer is not actually UK based. Nevertheless please carry on using "pants" as many here can and will find very funny ways to use that!

I like skiing in a speedo. Is that the same over there? That way I can jump in the pool right after Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Speedo (US/Europe) = budgie smuggler (UK)

Only worn by the Europeans. In fact it is mandated in many French pools and spas. Seriously. You are not allowed to wear any other form of swimwear for "hygene" reasons. I'm not even kidding!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mojos have been part of my skiing life for 6 years with many good seasons skiing.
I wear them on the outside of my trousers and find this more comfortable.
Mojos do start to wear and the spring clip and the boot stud have both been replaced on a couple of occasions to prevent disengagement’s particularly when lifts hit the back of the mojo on a low chair.

If disengaged and alone remove the Velcro straps as it is then much easier to reattach to the boot but if with a mate ask them to help..
The neoprene straps have also been replaced and are about to need changing again but as I ski about 20 weeks a season I don’t think this is unreasonable.

Steep skiing or off piste in deep powder I tend to disengage but this is just me as other friends leave them on

Great kit and never had an issue with the spring mechanism but everything else replaced at least once.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks..I think the disengagement was a lower chair. I doubt it was my pants/trousers, because both became unhooked at the same time. I ski about 50 days/year, so I'm assuming I will probably need to get some replacement parts every season. I'm hoping I can do that myself? or maybe I need to send them in.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

You are not allowed to wear any other form of swimwear for "hygene" reasons. I'm not even kidding!

The city of Grenoble tried to relax this rule in public swimming baths. It went to a higher court in Paris who said that theymust enforce these strict rules.

I put my mojo on under my trousers first thing and do up all the fixings (It is no problem attaching them to the bum belt on the latests ones but this was a bit of a faff on the originals). I check the fastening to the boot are exactly at the right place before setting off. However, by the time I've walked down the stairs to the boot room they have slipped down the leg. (note to self - get some braces so this doesn't happen). I then clip them into the boots. This takes some effort as I have to hoik up the whole apparatus. Thats it. I walk upto the first lift engage them and then don't disengage until I walk into a restaurant.

Once the clip did come off the boot. I have no idea why and assummed that I hadn't clipped it in properly. And a boot fastening unsrewed itself once before I had put loctite on it (other bolt locking methods are available).

@Mogulman1, may I suggest that you check the ajustment carefully, especially the length.

ps. I do not wear special pants for skiing. Not even my lucky ones.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Pants with full length side zippers can help.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Mogulman1, we met with Martin from Mojo at the recent GB ski test and he said it was important to mount the boot stud off-centre to the outside, where the 2nd velcro hole is if you have 2, if you only have a centre hole for thee velcro, then it's too far inboard
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mine is on the outside. So that's ok. I messed around with the length a little. I'm going to try again on Sunday. This is for all the help everyone.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Mogulman1,
Quote:

So you call them ski trousers eh?

Actually no, completely illogically - as you have discovered - we call them ski pants too! Laughing I've never heard them called ski trousers. They are often referred to as salopettes too, which is usually incorrect - that French term should strictly only be applied to the sort with braces (or, as you call them, suspenders - which is another word meaning something completely different over here!) Go figure!
ski holidays
@zikomo,
Quote:

budgie smuggler (UK)

Google tells me that's an Australian expression. I've only ever heard it used on snowHeads. Laughing I think most people over here also refer to them as speedos.
ski holidays
I am very much hoping I never have to use a Mojo. Given my clumsiness, I can't see myself ever overcoming the faff.
snow report
@Hurtle, Definitely budgie smugglers, and have called them that for most of my adulthood which is far too many years.
snow conditions
Quote:

Actually no, completely illogically - as you have discovered - we call them ski pants too! Laughing I've never heard them called ski trousers.

Ski Trousers is the term used in the UK. Pants are underwear here. Salopettes are also used for those without the bib and braces though strictly incorrect.

Friends introduced me to the term "budgie smugglers" for what I always called Swimming trunks.
ski holidays
Hurtle wrote:
I am very much hoping I never have to use a Mojo. Given my clumsiness, I can't see myself ever overcoming the faff.

It really isnt faff, just get them set up right, follow procedure, jobs a good'n
snow conditions
I think the hard thing is getting the Mojos connected to the boot with the Velcro on. If you put your trousers and mojos on first, then your boots. I've found I have to undo the Velcro on the Mojos to get the right angle to connect to my boots. Or maybe just slide them up a lot and mess with the angle a little.
ski holidays
johnE wrote:
Quote:

Actually no, completely illogically - as you have discovered - we call them ski pants too! Laughing I've never heard them called ski trousers.

Ski Trousers is the term used in the UK. Pants are underwear here. Salopettes are also used for those without the bib and braces though strictly incorrect.

Friends introduced me to the term "budgie smugglers" for what I always called Swimming trunks.

I've never, ever, heard them called ski trousers by anyone and I know hundreds of skiers. I suspect its just you
snow report
@Mogulman1, I have to mess with the angle a bit...that's part of the faff. But I have short legs and I can't shorten the rods any further.

Edit...rubbish predictive text

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sat 3-02-24 20:33; edited 1 time in total
snow report
holidayloverxx wrote:
..But I have shirt kegs......

Are not kegs another name for pants Laughing
latest report
Quote:

I've never, ever, heard them called ski trousers by anyone and I know hundreds of skiers. I suspect its just you

I've never heard them called pants except in this forum. Almost everyone I know calls them trousers or salopettes.
snow report
johnE wrote:
Quote:

I've never heard them called pants except in this forum. Almost everyone I know calls them trousers or salopettes.

Actually this is the first time I have heard anyone from the UK use the term “ski pants”. Ever. Which makes the emphatic statement all the more amusing.
snow report
@zikomo, well that's two of you then!
snow report
holidayloverxx wrote:
@Mogulman1, I have to mess with the angle a bit...that's part of the faff. But I have short legs and I can't shorten the rods any further.

Edit...rubbish predictive text

Right now I'm set at 4 bottom and 2 on top. I was thinking of changing them to 3/1. Just worried about them being too short.

I'm having a really hard time deciding what the appropriate length should be.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
holidayloverxx wrote:
@zikomo, well that's two of you then!

No. It is literally hundreds. Maybe more. Those I have instructed, all those involved in my kids ski racing, and the large number of skiers I know one way or another. I just can’t explain why everyone you have ever met would call them ski pants. At first I thought it was a generational thing, but I asked my kids and no way would they use the term pants.
ski holidays
@zikomo, we are all different..i can't explain why everyone you come across call them trousers. I think I called them salopetttes when I first skied over 30 years ago
snow report
That is very strange. I've never heard them called ski trousers either. (The misuse of the word salopettes is common. It just annoys me, because I'm a French speaker and a pedant to boot. Laughing )
latest report
Bread bun, roll, batch, cob etc etc ?
snow report
@Frosty the Snowman, lunch, dinner, tea?
snow conditions
@Hurtle, it seems it rather depends where you are from.
snow report
Ski pants is too american for me, and ski trousers just seems wrong...each to their own!

Mojo? I wear mine under the sallys ( Laughing ) and don't have any bother getting the rod to clip on the boot stud. I have to push the rod back up my leg a tiny bit to get it on but it's no bother.
snow report
Mogulman1 wrote:

Right now I'm set at 4 bottom and 2 on top. I was thinking of changing them to 3/1. Just worried about them being too short.

I there a reason the manufacturer's instructions don't work for you?
https://www.ski-mojo.ski/en/user-guide-settings/
latest report
Chaletbeauroc wrote:
Mogulman1 wrote:

I there a reason the manufacturer's instructions don't work for you?
https://www.ski-mojo.ski/en/user-guide-settings/

Yes. Because I can make 3/1 or 3/0 seem ok, depending on where the harness is sitting. There isn't that much of a difference. The manufacturer instructions aren't that exact. Attach to the boot and then raise the length so that the mojo joint is on my knee. I have a rather large knee. So there is distance between the inner part of my knee and knee cap. Then raise the top part until it goes into the harness. Well. Guess what. The top part can move around. So I could raise or lower the harness up or down a little and make quite a bit of upper arm values work.
snow report
Anyway. It think I got everything working ok today. It was a powder day at Beaver Creek. 24” of new snow. Put the Mojos on inside my pants (Trousers) before I left and hooked into the harness. Drove to the resort. Once I got there, I was able to attach to my boots by on hooking the Mojos from the top harness and removing the top Velcro. Then I could straighten it out enough to hook to my boots. Then put everything back together. Worked well. I did this inside the lodge. Might be harder to do outside in the parking lot.

Mojos were awesome in the powder btw. Smile on my face all day long.
snow report
Adjust the bottom one so that it is level with the point your knee hinges. A good rest is that you flex up and down to 90 degrees and the hinge of the mojo stays adjacent to the hinge of the knee.
once that is done out the strap at the top of your thought so that it sits in the crease of your @rse and thigh and adjust the top rid to length. Adjust the nylon spacers to length, insert and jobs a a good un.
ski holidays
Mogulman1 wrote:
zikomo wrote:

Honestly I'm surprised by zikomo's comment - legwear for skiing has always been called salopettes (if they have shoulder straps) or ski pants if they don't IME. I don't think anyone I have skied with has described them as "ski trousers".
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy