Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Last call....heading this Saturday, BOOT FITTING.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone recommend a good boot fitter in Solden??...my Mission 9's have given up the ghost and I need to get replacements.

I'll be there lunchtime on Saturday and don't mind spending a few hours.

I've been in Solden a few times and I've had my skis serviced there but I've never had to buy equipment.

Not looking forward to it either!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 31-01-24 15:41; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Might be worth while being more descriptive in the title..
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
that is certainly a confusing title!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Indeed. Very strange title.
Sure, you’ll get ‘hits’ from the curious - but far les likely to be seen by the person who has the answer to your question!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think the revised title is even worse! Maybe 'Solden - please recommend me a boot fitter'
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jesus wept....it's last call because I posted the same question two weeks and no one replied.

This place gets worse.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I can recommend one in St Anton, but that's probably not helpful. Ask around among the people who live and work there when you get to resort.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Scarlet, While you're there....I booked those flights to Zurich and accommodation in Ischgl for St Patricks week.

I'll sort out the train malarky when I come back from Solden.
I think I found an earlier route that avoids the construction work but I need to book separate OBB and SBB tickets.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@dazman, why would you need to book separate tickets? That sounds like a recipe for disaster.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Actually I've just searched for March the 16th ....and the construction work has disappeared!!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@dazman, never been - but googling, this place seems to get good reviews

https://www.sporthuette.at/en/services/sports-service/bootfitting-by-fiegl/

Good luck with your quest.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Layne wrote:
@dazman, never been - but googling, this place seems to get good reviews

https://www.sporthuette.at/en/services/sports-service/bootfitting-by-fiegl/

Good luck with your quest.

I have been here before - though it wasn't for a boot fitting - I had to get something else fixed on my boots. I did make a mental note at the time that the workshop, tools, and the general competence of the staff was a place that I would go back to again if in the area.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Layne, @extremerob, That's brilliant....I've just booked a fitting with them.

Thanks guys.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If anyone needs bootfitting or ski/board tuning....call to the Intersport at the Giggijochbahn and ask for Gert.

I got a pair of Atomic Hawx 130s - custom insoles, cuff and liner adjustment, ankle pinch points blown out (twice) - my skis serviced.

€700.

The guys a magician...delighted.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@dazman, sporthuette not work out?

Good that you got sorted. I have the same boots!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy